PDA

View Full Version : Bored & somewhat crafty? make your own relic display case

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-10-2013, 08:36 PM
bored & somewhat crafty? you all know they ain't that cheap if ya buy em. make your own relic display case.old scrap trim,a piece of entertainment center glass,a piece of foam & some felt.VOILA!

del
06-11-2013, 12:03 AM
WOW .... (not for the case but the iron)

since when did you start keeping your iron finds :eyebrow: i remember you trying to give it away at every chance :yes: what happened :dontknow:

nice case too ;)

Bell-Two
06-11-2013, 07:14 AM
I saw one last winter where someone took old picture frames bought at thrift stores or garage sales and used those for the tops. Cheap already has glass in them.
For the less crafty Hobby Lobby sells cases and virtually every month have them for 50% off and always have a coupon for 40% off in their ads.

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-11-2013, 09:50 AM

since when did you start keeping your iron finds :eyebrow: i remember you trying to give it away at every chance :yes: what happened :dontknow:

nice case too ;)

i been keepin the better pieces Dan.

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-11-2013, 09:55 AM
I saw one last winter where someone took old picture frames bought at thrift stores or garage sales and used those for the tops. Cheap already has glass in them.
For the less crafty Hobby Lobby sells cases and virtually every month have them for 50% off and always have a coupon for 40% off in their ads.

maybe that was me? I made a few using picture frame for tops

Pona
06-11-2013, 11:06 AM
Oh wow!!! that looks fantastic....guess what I will be trying to make at the weekend :) Just for the record I'm not too handy in the DIY department but that hammer thing is the tool you use when all else fails right? :)

Bell-Two
06-11-2013, 01:45 PM
maybe that was me? I made a few using picture frame for tops

And so it was!

del
06-11-2013, 03:53 PM
:thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: you must be in a copper slump when you find yourself making displays
for your iron finds :poke: :teasing:

i been keepin the better pieces Dan.

Good for you Dave , Its fun hiking back out a couple of miles carrying about fifteen pounds of iron isn't it lol lol

Thiltzy
06-11-2013, 05:08 PM
Dave, did you use that piece of rubber to line the bottom?

Ill Digger
06-12-2013, 12:01 AM
Nice Dave! |:cheering:
I like makin' some things for my detectin' stuff, but I've never made a display yet :thinkingabout:
I think you may have finally inspired me. :yes: Now I just gotta come up with the time. 8/ lol

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-12-2013, 07:02 AM
Dave, did you use that piece of rubber to line the bottom?

yep! i didn't even have to cut it! it fit perfectly inside :grin:

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-12-2013, 07:05 AM

nice case too ;)

Dan any comment on the axehead on bottom left? and curious as to the claw hammer.i need to zap this stuff and coat em soon

z118
06-12-2013, 09:39 AM
Nice case!

Wht is the item in the bottom left of the bottom picture? I got something just like it recently.

Bell-Two
06-12-2013, 10:00 AM
Nice case!

Wht is the item in the bottom left of the bottom picture? I got something just like it recently.

Looks like a toe plate to me.

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-13-2013, 12:06 AM
Looks like a toe plate to me.

you got it! a toe tap thumbsup01

del
06-13-2013, 12:08 AM
Dan any comment on the axehead on bottom left? and curious as to the claw hammer.i need to zap this stuff and coat em soon
the axe don't look terribly to old not alot of rust pitting which means more steel and less iron. the hammer is cool how about a few more shots of it . :yes:

Lodge Scent
06-13-2013, 01:00 PM
I'll take six of the 18 X 18 frames and two of the 24 X 24 frames. I expect a volume discount. I will pay a premium however, if they come pre-filled with relics.

coinnut
06-13-2013, 03:44 PM
Bored and somewhat crafty:huh:thinkingabout:? Why yes, I do feel that way Dave. :thinkingabout: But I think it's easier to just have you do them lol Nice job on them thumbsup01