PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Cypress, TX

heaterguy
06-15-2013, 07:47 AM
Hello everyone. I'm new to this board and just returning to MDing after a long hiatus. Retired for three years and looking for something to keep me busy besides archery and photography and volunteerism. I live in Cypress, TX which is northwest of downtown Houston. I enjoy working old ranches, parks and the beach. ::usaflag::

coinnut
06-15-2013, 12:15 PM
Hey Heaterguy, welcome aboard from western MA. Sounds like you have good sites to hunt. One ranch alone can probably keep you busy for a while. Do you ever find any Spanish reales on them beaches??

heaterguy
06-15-2013, 01:28 PM
Haven't had a chance to work the shoreline yet but it's possible they are there. You from the Pittsfield area?

Hey Heaterguy, welcome aboard from western MA. Sounds like you have good sites to hunt. One ranch alone can probably keep you busy for a while. Do you ever find any Spanish reales on them beaches??

coinnut
06-15-2013, 02:12 PM
Haven't had a chance to work the shoreline yet but it's possible they are there. You from the Pittsfield area?

I'm more south. Nearest big city is Springfield, MA

heaterguy
06-15-2013, 02:39 PM
Been to that area many times. Grew up in New Haven.

I'm more south. Nearest big city is Springfield, MA

del
06-15-2013, 02:44 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum Heaterguy :waving: , i envy you all down in the south that can detect all year round :envious: What machine of choice do you use to sweep them parks in Texas ;) hope to see you post some great finds soon and glad you joined.

Dan from Ct.

heaterguy
06-15-2013, 02:46 PM
Hello Dan. I use a Garrett AT Pro. I love the seasons here in Houston, summer and the other day. What part of Ct are you located? I grew up in New Haven.

Hello and welcome to the forum Heaterguy :waving: , i envy you all down in the south that can detect all year round :envious: What machine of choice do you use to sweep them parks in Texas ;) hope to see you post some great finds soon and glad you joined.

Dan from Ct.

del
06-15-2013, 03:42 PM
Hello Dan. I use a Garrett AT Pro. I love the seasons here in Houston, summer and the other day. What part of Ct are you located? I grew up in New Haven.

Enfield is in the top central part of the state , just south Springfield Mass. Been to New Haven a few times another nice town with a lot of history .

OxShoeDrew
06-15-2013, 05:11 PM
Welcome fellow nutmegger. I grew up in Norwalk, but live in the opposite end of CT. Have you gotten used to the heat down there? I guess it's a trade off...we had many feet of snow this year :frozen: I hope you enjoy our little corner of the web.

heaterguy
06-15-2013, 09:04 PM
I'm very familiar with Enfield. A beautiful part of Ct. Good tobacco leaves there.

Enfield is in the top central part of the state , just south Springfield Mass. Been to New Haven a few times another nice town with a lot of history .

heaterguy
06-15-2013, 09:06 PM
Hello OxshoeDrew. I've been living down south since 1981. I love the heat. Nothing down here to shovel unless I want to do so or I'm metal detecting.

I do miss the softer ground for MD'ing. This time of the year down here it's tough to get a tool into the ground.

Welcome fellow nutmegger. I grew up in Norwalk, but live in the opposite end of CT. Have you gotten used to the heat down there? I guess it's a trade off...we had many feet of snow this year :frozen: I hope you enjoy our little corner of the web.

del
06-15-2013, 09:10 PM
I'm very familiar with Enfield. A beautiful part of Ct. Good tobacco leaves there.

oh yes ,they command a premium too , they just planted the shade tobacco this past week .

Epi-hunter
06-15-2013, 09:22 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum from Kentucky (where there are also lots of tobacco plants) :waving:

Glad you found us here!

Angie

heaterguy
06-15-2013, 09:23 PM
You get what you pay for Dan. Good Connecticut broadleaf still is the best jacket for a cigar. ::usaflag::

heaterguy
06-15-2013, 09:24 PM
Hello there Epi-Hunter. You are right about Kentucky Tobacco but that stuff is for cigarettes. Ct. Tobacco is used primarily for cigars. Are you in coal country?

Hello and welcome to the forum from Kentucky (where there are also lots of tobacco plants) :waving:

Glad you found us here!

Angie

Fire Fighter 43
06-15-2013, 09:26 PM
Welcome to the forum and back to the hobby from SE Wisconsin. It is good to have you with us.

Epi-hunter
06-15-2013, 09:32 PM
Hello there Epi-Hunter. You are right about Kentucky Tobacco but that stuff is for cigarettes. Ct. Tobacco is used primarily for cigars. Are you in coal country?

Tobacco is tobacco to me lol

I don't know if I'm in coal country. :confused: I don't think so. I'm in the Lexington area. I haven't lived here all that long - born and raised and spent most of my adult life in Iowa. :)

Tony Two-Cent
06-16-2013, 07:13 AM
Welcome, Heaterguy! Glad you decided to join our forum! :waving:

heaterguy
06-16-2013, 07:20 AM
Glad to be here Tony.

Welcome, Heaterguy! Glad you decided to join our forum! :waving:

Lowjiber
06-16-2013, 07:33 AM
Welcome from Las Vegas.

heaterguy
06-16-2013, 07:38 AM
Thank you. What a great city you have there.

Welcome from Las Vegas.

heaterguy
06-17-2013, 08:28 AM
Thank you FF43 and thanks for your service to the community. I'm retired law enforcement myself.

Welcome to the forum and back to the hobby from SE Wisconsin. It is good to have you with us.

aloldstuff
06-18-2013, 05:10 AM
Welcome from another western MA member. Nice to see that you are here and looking forward to your future posts. The Garrett ATPro is a very nice machine and some great finds have been posted here using that machine.

heaterguy
06-18-2013, 08:08 AM
Thank you ALOLDSTUUFF; I'm happy to be here and looking forward to some great finds.

Welcome from another western MA member. Nice to see that you are here and looking forward to your future posts. The Garrett ATPro is a very nice machine and some great finds have been posted here using that machine.

Boulder
06-22-2013, 04:35 PM
Hello and welcome from North Jersey.

heaterguy
06-22-2013, 07:58 PM
Hey Boulder, glad to be here! How's hunting in New Jersey?

Hello and welcome from North Jersey.

sloan242
07-03-2013, 06:56 PM
Hey heaterguy. Just joined the forum myself. I live up in the Magnolia area. Have a couple of pretty decent spots in Conroe and near Spring Creek. We'd be happy to have you tag along.

heaterguy
07-04-2013, 07:21 AM
Thank you and thanks for the invite. I've only been working some soccer fields and schools around here.

Boulder
07-04-2013, 11:05 PM
Hello and Welcome to the forum from North Jersey. |:cheering:

heaterguy
07-05-2013, 07:26 AM
Hello again, Boulder! Glad to be here :happy: :happy:

Hello and Welcome to the forum from North Jersey. |:cheering: