PDA

View Full Version : Delightful Day Diggin with Del

OxShoeDrew
06-15-2013, 04:59 PM
It's always a learning experience hunting with Dan. :yes: I had a blast on a beautiful day doing what we all love. We dug some nice keepers, including my first half cent. Unfortunately it is dateless :( *EDIT-1809*
Dan crossed a large brook darn nicely for an AARP member lol :poke:
7th knob on the year. <: ::huh:: :eyebrow:
The knob sounded better than the half cent. :dontknow:
I'll post a pic of the coin when I have the energy to clean it better.

del
06-15-2013, 05:34 PM
It's always a learning experience hunting with Dan. :yes: I had a blast on a beautiful day doing what we love. We both dug some nice keepers, including my first half cent. Unfortunately it is dateless :(
Dan crossed a large brook darn nicely for an AARP member lol :poke:
7th knob on the year. <: ::huh:: :eyebrow:
The knob sounded better than the half cent. :dontknow:
I'll post a pic of the coin when I have the energy to clean it better.

lol lol hey i thought i jumped the brook pretty well for a guy who's as athletic as pet rock lol lol at least i didn't go for a swim :rolleyes:

the half cent is a great find Drew :clapping: :clapping: to bad you can't get a date from it . those were some pretty cellar sites , too bad they were hit very hard already . It was great to get out and swing the coil with you again my friend .

heres one of the cellars we hit , it was a smaller older type colonial . heres my goods for the day Drew . the draped bust large cent ( i have to thank Drew for calling me back to that area or it still might be in the ground ;) ) has seen better days but i did see an 180- something for a date lol lol , got a few buttons (some tombacs and flats) one was an eagle cvil war type but the front of it was broken crying01

again congrats Drew and lets do it again soon .

Dan

Thiltzy
06-15-2013, 07:06 PM
Awesome hunt fellas. Nice find on the half cent Drew, they are tuff to come by. I have only found two U.S. Half Cents.

Dan nice save on the Draped Bust. Seems like those coppers are starting to find your coil again. :cheering: :cheering: Maybe it's the beginning of a copper streak for ya.

You guys killed it on the buttons :congrats: :congrats:

I was out with Dave and Frank today and had a good take for myself, I will post in a little while. Great job again guys :clapping:

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-15-2013, 07:21 PM
very nice hunt you guys! I can see you cross a stream more gracefully than Scott does :hysterical:

coinnut
06-15-2013, 08:25 PM
I wish I could have seen the crossing lol Dan could have just floated over rofl Nice hunt guys, Too bad I had to work, I could have shown you how to fall in a brook ;) Some good keepers considering how beat these sites can be.

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-15-2013, 08:27 PM
I wish I could have seen the crossing lol Dan could have just floated over rofl Nice hunt guys, Too bad I had to work, I could have shown you how to fall in a brook ;) Some good keepers considering how beat these sites can be.

G listen...if ya wanna see someone cross a stream watch safari scott. he's the king of belly floppin the brooks :hysterical:

coinnut
06-15-2013, 08:29 PM
G listen...if ya wanna see someone cross a stream watch safari scott. he's the king of belly floppin the brooks :hysterical:

Good. Someone to take the pressure off of me thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-16-2013, 04:50 AM
Good. Someone to take the pressure off of me thumbsup01

yeah! he musta took the safari part of his name from his detector because he's far from any african safari gazelle that's for darn sure!

OxShoeDrew
06-16-2013, 06:35 AM
i have to thank Drew for calling me back to that area or it still might be in the ground

You know, the only reason I called you over was to watch you cross the brook again lol

Thanks everyone, and happy father's day!

del
06-16-2013, 08:13 AM
You know, the only reason I called you over was to watch you cross the brook again lol

Thanks everyone, and happy father's day!

ah ha ! that explains the dissatified sigh from you after i made it back across ;) lol lol , no detail on that half cent Drew ??

you have a great father's day too.

OxShoeDrew
06-16-2013, 09:23 AM
Here it is but Still working on it, also...I haven't figured out how to make my pics smaller on my new laptop. :dontknow:

del
06-16-2013, 02:10 PM
Drew , I see an 180? but the first year of the classic head half cent is 1809 so it has to be that . |:cheering: |:cheering:

OxShoeDrew
06-16-2013, 03:18 PM
Drew , I see an 180? but the first year of the classic head half cent is 1809 so it has to be that . |:cheering: |:cheering:

yeah, and the mint was over a million that year....which is twice the second closest year.

Lodge Scent
06-16-2013, 07:35 PM
Congrats Drew on some nice digs thumbsup01