PDA

View Full Version : Cellar hole hunt Frank/ Todd*1/4 of a coppa *silver pre CW eagle I button

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-15-2013, 07:31 PM
Been awhile since I hunted with Frank .Todd & I shot down to his neck of the woods for a cellar hole hunt.1st site was just a depression no rocks nothing as a foundation.I got a clipped 1/4 of a copper(possibly a KGII?)I think part of his head is on it? :confused: and a nice gold gilted designed button that at one time was adorned with glass stones around perimeter. a piece of shoe buckle & a thimble.
next site gave up a few tombacs one designed.then i thought i had spanish silver when the tiny silver gilted button saw the light of day crying01 my find of the day is is gorgeous silver gilted Eagle I button.I believe it may be a pre civil war infantry button ?backmark is young & allen co new york.was a nice day out finally and good to get back on a hunt with Frank.all of us came home with keepers which makes for a great day.

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-15-2013, 07:32 PM
more pics

del
06-15-2013, 07:54 PM
Dave thats a sweet Infantry button :perfect10: congrats on the finds

coinnut
06-15-2013, 08:37 PM
Nice I button...that makes the whole hunt right there :clapping: Lots of buttons. A great hunt.

sprosoff
06-15-2013, 08:40 PM
I'm always so impressed with your cleaning skills Dave! thumbsup01 Great finds! :clapping:

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-15-2013, 08:44 PM
thanks G & stacey! i love my brass brush stace! see thetombac half cleaned then i finished it off :cheesysmile:

coinnut
06-15-2013, 08:51 PM
thanks G & stacey! i love my brass brush stace! see thetombac half cleaned then i finished it off :cheesysmile:

Take the brass brush to the back of that I button. It will get rid of that red look and smooth it out nicely :yes:

del
06-15-2013, 09:04 PM
hey Dave , that backmark is Young Smith & Co. ( 1834 to 1858) and not Young & Allen better take that brass brush to them eyes and clean'em good lol lol

its looks nice up on the banner though |:cheering:

coinnut
06-15-2013, 09:06 PM
better take that brass brush to them eyes and clean'em good lol lol

rofl rofl :hysterical:

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-15-2013, 09:14 PM
hey Dave , that backmark is Young Smith & Co. ( 1834 to 1858) and not Young & Allen better take that brass brush to them eyes and clean'em good lol lol

its looks nice up on the banner though |:cheering:

thanks! thats what i meant to type smith! i must be tired :goodnight: thanks for the correction!

del
06-15-2013, 09:54 PM
thanks! thats what i meant to type smith! i must be tired :goodnight: thanks for the correction!

I guess so , hey Todd wake that guy up next to you will ya lol lol

let me see.. :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: Dave's body has to shut down when it doesn't get enough copper in his bloodstream rofl rofl

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-15-2013, 09:57 PM

let me see.. :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: Dave's body has to shut down when it doesn't get enough copper in his bloodstream rofl rofl

lmao! you stole this photo! i'm tellin! :teasing: i'll getcha Dan! :behave:

Thiltzy
06-15-2013, 10:01 PM

I love your humor Dan, I almost fell off my chair just now rofl .

Dave metal detects in his sleep, he never stops...he is a Copper Zombie By the way, that is one ruff picture of our ugly mugs Yikes! :shocked03: :shocked03:

Dave, your buttons sure are beauties and that Infantry came out much better than I thought. Congrats to you

del
06-15-2013, 10:02 PM
lmao! you stole this photo! i'm tellin! :teasing: i'll getcha Dan! :behave:

lol lol what the heck was going on Dave ?? Todd boring you to death there or what?? rofl

Lodge Scent
06-16-2013, 07:29 PM
Several nice buttons in that pile :congrats:

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-16-2013, 09:01 PM
lol lol what the heck was going on Dave ?? Todd boring you to death there or what?? rofl

I think i was rollin my eyes cuz todd kept saying those cuff links are GW cufflinks! i see an eagles wings with 2 crossed rifles below.I musta been saying oh brother