PDA

View Full Version : Cellar Hole hunt with Frank & Dave *coppers, cufflinks, and relics

Thiltzy
06-15-2013, 09:52 PM
Originally we were going to head up to Mass. and hunt but the recent heavy rains had probably flooded the area pretty good. Luckily Frank invited Dave and I to one of his spots. I want to thank Frank again for the invite as I had a pretty good day.

The Mxt Pro was running smooth as silk again today. First target of the day was a toasty 1864 Fatty Injun that I pulled up from smack in the middle of the old road leading to the cellar hole. Next was a very cool and delicate set of cuff links with Doves on them. The signal was very faint and around 7 down. King George found my coil next. No Date but Im confident it's a KG II.

Moving onto the next hole I immediately started popping buttons with a total of 16 for the day. A buckle, which I think is some type of bat wing style was a nice surprise along with a crotal bell, some children tea cups and an 1849 Braided Hair Large Cent :detecting: :detecting: :detecting:

Thiltzy
06-15-2013, 09:54 PM
More Pictures

del
06-15-2013, 10:00 PM
:wow: :cheering: :cheering: two coppers and some great relics Todd , the cufflinks are sweet :smitten: :smitten: cool baldric buckle :clapping: :clapping: , congrats on great hunt

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-15-2013, 10:00 PM
awesome day you had! never seen that type of pattern on a crotal bell yet.those batwing type buckles dont pop out very often and are always a welcome site.nice hunt! oh ya broke the cufflinks? shame shame tsk tsk tsk \:hammer:

Thiltzy
06-15-2013, 10:19 PM
awesome day you had! never seen that type of pattern on a crotal bell yet.those batwing type buckles dont pop out very often and are always a welcome site.nice hunt! oh ya broke the cufflinks? shame shame tsk tsk tsk \:hammer:
The cufflinks are fixed now, the link is very delicate and spread apart so I washed them separately and put them back together. I crimped the link back.

:wow: :cheering: :cheering: two coppers and some great relics Todd , the cufflinks are sweet :smitten: :smitten: cool baldric buckle :clapping: :clapping: , congrats on great hunt
Thank you Dan and thanks for educating me on the proper name of that buckle, I did not know the correct name. I too love the cufflinks but they are in ruff shape and barely staying together.

OxShoeDrew
06-16-2013, 03:22 PM
:shocked04: :wow: That is a wonderful hunt!

coinnut
06-16-2013, 04:56 PM
Great looking finds :clapping: They left you lots of targets there. Maybe it was a place Dan and I hit lol Good looking relics for sure.

Lodge Scent
06-16-2013, 07:33 PM
Some really great digs! Those cuff link buttons are nice :congrats: