PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Hunt

bob_e99
06-16-2013, 05:35 PM
Saturday I hit an old park and hunted for a bit before I finally started to hit some targets. My son's patience is rubbing off on me because in the past I would have gotten in the car and tried someplace different after 30 minutes of not hitting a target. I'm glad I didn't because while I didn't get a whole lot of targets, two were mercury dimes happydance02 The first was especially nice because when I pulled the plug it was in the bottom of the hole looking up at me.
On Sunday on my way to my primary site (another old park) I spotted a ball field so I decided to pull over and give it a shot. While I didn't find any silver (bummer), the quarters were quite abundant. I ended up with 61 quarters, 31 dimes, 24 pennies and 1 nickel. I seem to have a real issue with the e-trac and nickels. Not so much with the CTX. I finally got to my primary site and walked away with about four coins. When you put up a sign saying Historical Park, it's bound to be hit by a few detectorists lol

In any case, my total for the weekend was 71 quarters, 48 dimes, 53 pennies, 2 nickels, 2 mercury dimes and 2 wheat pennies.

Thanks for looking and good luck hunting.

z118
06-16-2013, 06:05 PM
Holy Moses that's a lot of quarters! If I were you I'd be back at that spot ASAP. With that much clad you know no one has hunted there in some time. Chances are there's some rings to be had and maybe some older stuff once you clear out all the modern drops. Nice work on those Mercs too. Congrats on some fine hunts!

del
06-17-2013, 12:14 AM
those are great clad totals Bob and congrats on the silver |:cheering:

POKIE73
06-17-2013, 06:12 AM
looks like it was well worth it them clad totals are fantastic nice silver to boot congrats on a great uoting dennis |:cheering: |:cheering:

coinnut
06-17-2013, 06:11 PM
Patience is hard to learn lol unless of course you find something fantastic the first time you try it. For me it's all about not giving up :boxing: Looks like you did well sticking to it.

leslie(nova scotia)
06-20-2013, 09:50 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....
and a good weekend it was! <;)

aloldstuff
06-21-2013, 05:23 AM
:congrats: on that huge clad count and of course the merc's.

Lodge Scent
06-22-2013, 01:51 PM
Quite the haul ! :wow: