PDA

View Full Version : Sumertime and the Diggin' is Easy

z118
06-16-2013, 07:14 PM
Wait, is that how that song goes? lol

Another good weekend of digs, plus one weeknight hunt in there too. The '67 half is my first 40% silver half, I was surprised by how shiny and clean it came out of the ground... I guess I would have expected it to look more like a war nickel. I'm putting it towards my silver count... heck, I count the war nickels, why not this? lol I also got two Rosies, a Merc, and two silver rings plus some clad, a ten pence piece, and a mystery bear coin. I was mostly rained out on Sunday; after a brief period of arid earth in the Spring we have been getting a ton of rain lately and now the ground is soft and good for digging if not completely underwater.

Thanks for looking, and happy hunting!

bob_e99
06-17-2013, 12:53 AM
I bet that big silver initially gave you a good rush. They are really something to behold in the ground. Add in some silver dimes happydance02 and silver rings <: along with a whole bunch of nickels :bananadance: and that is some really nice variety. |:cheering: |:cheering:

And as always, your coin totals are way up there. Just amazing. :shocked04:stretcher:

:congrats: on some really nice finds and continued good hunting |:cheering:

POKIE73
06-17-2013, 06:10 AM
congrats on all of your finds i like the mickey mouse ring its a nice find dennis :perfect10: :perfect10:

Ill Digger
06-17-2013, 09:23 AM
Way to go Z!! :peace:
Lotsa good finds this weekend!!
I too dig the Rat ring! :cool: thumbsup01 lol
Congrats on all the goodies! :grin:

But I can shed a little light on your mystery Bear coin... its a peice off of a Bear bow. Look up Bear archery and you'll see it. ;)

Epi-hunter
06-17-2013, 07:39 PM
Wow, great assortment of finds z! I love those silver rings.... very cool :perfect10:

coinnut
06-17-2013, 07:43 PM
But I can shed a little light on your mystery Bear coin... its a peice off of a Bear bow. Look up Bear archery and you'll see it. ;)

Nice ID thumbsup01 It's a cachet (emblem). Congrats on that silver. I hear a lot of people say silver is rare, but it is still there if you know where to look :clapping:

Tony Two-Cent
06-18-2013, 03:30 PM
Now that's a lot of fun digging! :bananadance:

Congrats on that 40% Kennedy Half! They don't turn up to often. I've only found one forty-percenter in all my years of detecting, it was a 1967 also and it came out of the ground looking just like yours, nice and shiny.

Nice job on all that silver! :loveit:

:perfect10:

Lodge Scent
06-18-2013, 06:26 PM
Maybe summer time and the diggin' is frequent, because it can't be that easy to dig that many keepers ! :congrats:

aloldstuff
06-20-2013, 05:58 AM
:wow: on that 40% silver, don't see many posted. Overall your pile of keepers is quite impressive..... :congrats: