PDA

View Full Version : 20th copper on the year *cellar hole hunt with Todd

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-16-2013, 08:48 PM
man did we walk today! felt like 5 miles & it probably was when all was said & done.hit 2 cellar holes that coughed up a few keepers.we really had to work for our finds at these sites.someone hit em pretty good previously.most of the finds were in low lying areas and every hole we dug filled with water from all this rain we been having.a broken tombac,one of my nicest dug pewter buttons to date,a 1820 matron head LC & a ready to fall apart sportsmans button.overall a good day but tough on the legs this hunt was

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-16-2013, 08:49 PM
more pics

del
06-16-2013, 11:59 PM
woo you sure can tell those finds see a lot of soggy ground , hey atleast your out of the copper slump though |:cheering: |:cheering:

coinnut
06-17-2013, 05:10 PM
5 miles:huh: Did you have new boots is what I want to know lol Couldn't have been as bad as the new boot 10 mile hike rofl You got a copper, a nice, unflaking pewter :clapping: and some odds and ends. Still good to get out I bet.

Thiltzy
06-17-2013, 06:17 PM
Dave those Caramel covered mushrooms look yummy. Kinda reminds me of the original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory movie

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-17-2013, 07:38 PM
well worn boots G! so worn from yesterdays hike i chucked em in the can today & got new ones! no only half as bad as our 10 mile trek.Todd wait till your next blunder at a cellar hole.i'm gonna put it in Western & Eastern treasure mag.payback! :yes:

Lodge Scent
06-18-2013, 06:35 PM
:congrats: I like that matron head. She's got the creeping crud but is still holding on to her good looks. Plus she gave up her age.

sprosoff
06-18-2013, 07:38 PM
Hey Dave,

What was the screw/hoop thing used for? I found one of those too and was wondering what is was used for. Kind of looks like a lamp finial but I don't think that is what it is. Any idea?

I love the mushrooms! They do look Willy Wonkaish! ;)

Fun finds! :congrats:

Stacey

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-18-2013, 08:31 PM
Hey Dave,

What was the screw/hoop thing used for? I found one of those too and was wondering what is was used for. Kind of looks like a lamp finial but I don't think that is what it is. Any idea?

I love the mushrooms! They do look Willy Wonkaish! ;)

Fun finds! :congrats:

Stacey

thanks Stace! I beleive they were mounted on the front of a horse drawn wagon and the horse reigns would go through them up to the driver

sprosoff
06-18-2013, 08:49 PM
thanks Stace! I beleive they were mounted on the front of a horse drawn wagon and the horse reigns would go through them up to the driver

Oh! :clapping: Well that just made them really cool! I knew that was made for something! lol

del
06-18-2013, 11:57 PM

Stacey Dave is correct its calle a terret or reign guide