PDA

View Full Version : One Little Indian

Islandhunter
11-06-2009, 11:52 AM
Got a call from my kids teacher and she lost a marble sized piece off the top of her weather vane while taking it down and wanted to know if I could find it (which I didn't find). The yard is the site of an old gun emplacement during WWII and I neer did find the piece. I did find a 1901 Indian head and a pin which may be military??

MNDigger
11-06-2009, 11:54 AM
Congrats on the nice IH! No idea about the pin though. You may have to head back there and look for that part again! ;)

angellionel
11-06-2009, 12:37 PM
It seems to me that you need to give finding that weather vane piece another try. ;) Nice pick up. I likely would have had a hard time leaving.

del
11-06-2009, 01:52 PM
yup get back there and get the silver coins , IH

Islandhunter
11-06-2009, 03:31 PM
It seems to me that you need to give finding that weather vane piece another try. ;) Nice pick up. I likely would have had a hard time leaving.

You wouldn;t have had a hard time leaving today...it was about 35 degrees and blowing about 30 and this spot is right on the end of the island and totally exposed to the weather. I lasted about an hour and a half and then was too cold to keep at it and left. I've hit this spot many times before and will definitely hit it again.

angellionel
11-06-2009, 04:01 PM
You wouldn;t have had a hard time leaving today...it was about 35 degrees and blowing about 30 and this spot is right on the end of the island and totally exposed to the weather. I lasted about an hour and a half and then was too cold to keep at it and left. I've hit this spot many times before and will definitely hit it again.

That is cold, and no doubt compounded by the wind. I'm not a fan of cold weather. :grin: I hope you are able to get back when it warms up a bit more.

Islandhunter
11-06-2009, 04:18 PM
That is cold, and no doubt compounded by the wind. I'm not a fan of cold weather. :grin: I hope you are able to get back when it warms up a bit more.

I'm not a fan of that kind of weather either, but am not smart enough to live somewhere warmer I guess. Did get a warmer upper though...came home and checked the mail and found a nice sweet Morgan dollar in the mail, compliments of Joe and Donna from a contest they ran over there...nice bonus silver for the day... thumbsup01

Epi-hunter
11-06-2009, 06:17 PM
Nice finds! I would have had trouble leaving that site, even in that weather. :) I really do envy your home location. It is beautiful.

OkieDigger
11-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Nice IH!

Dave
11-06-2009, 07:40 PM
Nice finds! I don't think the weather would have kept me out there even an hour.

Bentfork
11-06-2009, 07:56 PM
Nice injun! Go back as the others mentioned. Probably some old silver there.

G.

Snowy
11-06-2009, 08:10 PM
Yeah, that piece she lost coulda rolled a hundred feet away, ya know... :rolleyes:
I think you should go over there and detect every inch of soil on her property to be sure. :twirlingeyes:

Islandhunter
11-06-2009, 09:04 PM
Yeah, that piece she lost coulda rolled a hundred feet away, ya know... :rolleyes:
I think you should go over there and detect every inch of soil on her property to be sure. :twirlingeyes:

Donna....yeah it could be anywhere, however I think it dropped straight down off the roof into their garden. The problem with that is that the building is an old Army radar tower and it had wires and pipe running all into it and the foundation is also all metal reinforced so my M6 goes kinda nuts when I am close to the building where I think the vane piece is. I already ahd permission to hunt all over the property and ahve hit the place fairly hard in the past, but will do so again of course.

Snowy
11-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Figures... I shoulda known you had permission there anyway. :)
Me thinks you're monopolizing that island...
I'll hafta bring my MXT and give you a run for your finds! :grin:

Seriosuly, though... Krom and I keep saying it, just haven't had the chance.
We'll spend a weekend there soon. Maybe in the spring or summer. This fall isn't working out either.

We'll incorporate it in our travel plans, which have been in the making for the last 3 years and haven't happened yet. crying01 We've got mom (hopefully the surgeries will be done by spring) and we've got Miranda's graduation and college prep to do... along with everything else, and whatever else comes in between. You're turn's comin' , Bill! :shocked04:

I can feel it now... riding the ferry over is gonna be enough for me to let it all fall away.
I haven't ridden a ferry since I was pregnant with Miranda more than 18 years ago when we went to PEI, Canada. they built the bridge after that and we've been deprived of ferry crossings since. It'll be nice.

Islandhunter
11-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Figures... I shoulda known you had permission there anyway. :)
Me thinks you're monopolizing that island...

Yeah I guess I am, and am just about out of places I haven;t hit here. So all I got left is re-hitting places, fortunately I either was sloppy and not thorough previously or the frost thankfully moved stuff into range so re hitting these places isn;t so bad. I hope its more the frost doing ti than me having missed things before...though I tend to think it was more of me missing stuff. :embarrassed:

Snowy
11-06-2009, 10:49 PM
The way you swing that coil... you missed stuff....
You snagged the goodies, but you're fast!
Nothing wrong with that, but try some whispers now.. ;)
(Huh.. imagine that... me trying to offer YOU advice! :grin: )

Good luck out there, Bill!

Islandhunter
11-07-2009, 07:38 AM
(Huh.. imagine that... me trying to offer YOU advice! :grin: )

Well only a fool doesn;t listen to good advice.... thumbsup01