PDA

View Full Version : Short hunt with Del

coinnut
05-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Short hunt with Del...well short for Del, as he dissapeared, never to return rofl I guess the heat got to him. :confused: But I had a good time out at one of our better sites we found this year. It was good to both of us, but it really needs to be retired now. I must have swung that coil 5,000 times today :yes: Not a lot of targets given the many worked fields associated with this foundation. This is where most of my Connecticut coppers came from this year along with the Nova Constellatio copper and real nice 1917 T1 Standing Liberty Quarter. Del had his best NY militia button from here as well. So it was worth another day's hunt. My better targets came early on as the silver came 2 or 3rd hole into the hunt. Right next to a shot gun shell reading which turned out to be a lantern piece. It was masking the silver coin. A solid 12-46 at 4-5 :drool: I thought I had a copper. Couple of buttons, what looks like a melted ? ox knob some odds and ends and of course the white looking 1876 Seated Dime, probably lost in AU condition. Will have to borrow the Angel silver cleaning method lol It really does work! That coin made my day!!!! ;) Thanks for looking.

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-01-2010, 05:41 PM
nice hunt G! that seated is sweet! hope Dan is ok :-\
a nice little hunt ya had! congrats man! thumbsup01

coinnut
05-01-2010, 05:53 PM
hope Dan is ok :-\

He's OK lol he's camping so his detecting time is limited, but he needs to answer his phone rofl

ProPointer
05-01-2010, 06:39 PM
Great Scott!! :twirlingeyes:

That one's in mint condition! Full 'LIBERTY' and a really awesome shield! thumbsup01

SeabeeRon
05-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Good digs guys!! :drool: :twirlingeyes:

sniffy
05-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Somebody needs to cage you animals up. Nice HUNT!

angellionel
05-01-2010, 07:43 PM
That is a beautiful dime! And you picked up a nice assortment of relics too. The dime is what would have had me smiling though. Nice hunt!

John M
05-02-2010, 06:45 AM
Nice scratchings George.That place does have a ton of area to cover for sure.Where is Dan camping at? If he came on down to the camp ground down by me I do have a few places that are real close to it.

coinnut
05-02-2010, 06:49 AM
Nice scratchings George.That place does have a ton of area to cover for sure.Where is Dan camping at? If he came on down to the camp ground down by me I do have a few places that are real close to it.

I'm not sure where Dan's at. He doesn't tell me otherwise I would be bugging him to detect lol When he logs on, he'll let you know for sure.

John M
05-02-2010, 06:56 AM
Thinking if he came to the place in Bozrah I know of a big Colonial cellar hole about 2 minutes away.If he had an hour or so in the evening we could see what I left behind.

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-02-2010, 07:45 AM
idk G..some good sized targets still there.go back next year and who knows what else may pop up outta there :confused:

del
05-02-2010, 11:39 AM
hey glad the wolves didn't get you lol lol your first picture looked like my finds almost (lantern top, d buckle , a fe shotgun shellsand scraps of brass) hey yo found my dime , good man. lol lol very sweet coin George , congrats . much later dropped for the site, i didn't see ya around when i had to leave and i was planning to go back later but the cold beer was flowing so well back at the
camp :drool: :smitten: lol good day for ya .

Dan

Epi-hunter
05-02-2010, 11:54 AM
That is a beautiful dime!! Of course that's what I locked onto :drool: The other finds are excellent as well. That site definitely has been good to you!

coinnut
05-02-2010, 03:23 PM
idk G..some good sized targets still there.go back next year and who knows what else may pop up outta there :confused:

I worked my tail off for those lol That was a lot of territory covered for them few targets. I bet there is still a copper or 2 hiding somewhere up there, but I ain't gonna cover 10 acres to get them rofl I'm retiring that one until Del has his visions of coppers again :-\

Thanks everyone for your nice comments :smitten:

xzlr8n
05-02-2010, 11:24 PM
The Seated would have made my day and the treking worth it, Congrats thumbsup01.