PDA

View Full Version : Hunt with 1147 SILVER

coinnut
06-17-2013, 06:05 PM
Went out to a house I had permission to hunt. Steve was not able to make it, but I guess I talked this place up good lol and he snuck out for about 2 hours. He is always bringing me to places, so it was finally my turn. It wasn't too long and Steve got a nice hit and it turned out to be his first Draped Bust large cent :clapping: Congrats on it. Here is Steve doing his firsts dance :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: I was not doing so well, unless you can cound digging bent nails that sound like coins :dontknow: But finally I got a wheaty reading and out pops a worn Spanish Half Reale |:confused:) Haven't seen one of those in a long while. No date and very worn, but I'll take it. With minutes left to the hunt, I get a nice 9-46 / 10-45 reading at 4. :drool: I smell silver lol A worn but decent 1911S Barber quarter. Short hunt, but well worth it. God I hate nails :rolleyes:

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

del
06-17-2013, 06:14 PM
wow your getting out almost as much as HEAVYMETALNUT or as my wife so elequently puts it Living the Dream lol lol

congrats on seeing some spanish silver and i think your curse is going to be just barbers for old U.S. silver this year. ;)

coinnut
06-17-2013, 06:23 PM
i think your curse is going to be just barbers for old U.S. silver this year. ;)

I think I'm just digging them to get them out of the way for the Bust Silver lol

z118
06-17-2013, 09:23 PM
Man, those are some sweet silvers. Not sure if I could go back to digging my rosies and war nickels if I ever had a hunt like that! lol Congrats!

Cheap Thrills
06-17-2013, 11:59 PM
Nice going , that's quite a hunt . :clapping:

bob_e99
06-18-2013, 07:18 AM
:wow:

I do the happy dance for a mercury or two :happy:

If I had a hunt like that I'd probably have a coronary from jumping up and down.

:congrats: on some awesome finds.

DennisH
06-18-2013, 09:38 AM
That is some great old silver!!! WTG!!

Tony Two-Cent
06-18-2013, 03:47 PM
SWEEEEET! :loveit:

Two great silver coins if you ask me! Can you tell which king is on the half real? It might help to establish a date range if you can tell if it's Carolus III or Carolus IIII, etc.

Lodge Scent
06-18-2013, 06:23 PM
That is a good use of two hours :congrats:

coinnut
06-18-2013, 08:58 PM
Can you tell which king is on the half real? It might help to establish a date range if you can tell if it's Carolus III or Carolus IIII, etc.

Not sure but I don't think it is Carlous IIII. I can see 2 II's but that's it.

aloldstuff
06-20-2013, 05:55 AM
That yard produced some great finds. It's been a while since some Spanish silver was posted... :congrats:

RobW
06-20-2013, 08:49 AM
:clapping: :clapping:...very nice......some good keepers coming from there, Spanish Silver, Draped cent...and even the barber