PDA

View Full Version : CELLAR HOLE HUNT WITH RCAT*2 COPPERS*LC & 1837 HARD TIMES TOKEN*IH

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-01-2010, 05:34 PM
rcat picked me up at 7am and headed to a couple new sites we located using old maps.first site all i dug was 8 wheaties & ron got a merc
Next site ron got a button and i came away with a 1837 Scovills Brass hard times token.kinda ironic as me & sniffy were just talking about this type of token last week :yes:
Next site gave up a 1897 IH and a 1838 matron head large cent.
any ideas on what this cookie cutter type thing is?the disc turns and it has a serpent head.all 3 pieces came out of same hole.is it a dough cutter perhaps? or a lantern wick snuffer maybe?
have a great week everyone!

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-01-2010, 05:36 PM
more pics

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-01-2010, 05:38 PM
more pics

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-01-2010, 05:39 PM
last pics

coinnut
05-01-2010, 05:50 PM
Hey, nice digs thumbsup01 What didn't Scovill make? I think they got their hands into everything lol Was a good day for you guys and you squeeked out 2 coppers with the Minelab of course rofl What were you using the Spectrum?? Don't know about the cutter. If it is a kitchen item, then I guess dough cutter too, but I'm thinking it probably will be something completely different :confused: Boy them 1830's coppers take a beating. Must be bad copper :yes: Nice day out today, a bit hot after a while, but I ain't complaining lol

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Hey, nice digs thumbsup01 What didn't Scovill make? I think they got their hands into everything lol Was a good day for you guys and you squeeked out 2 coppers with the Minelab of course rofl What were you using the Spectrum?? Don't know about the cutter. If it is a kitchen item, then I guess dough cutter too, but I'm thinking it probably will be something completely different :confused: Boy them 1830's coppers take a beating. Must be bad copper :yes: Nice day out today, a bit hot after a while, but I ain't complaining lol

thanks G.umm i used ole faithful(spectrum) thumbsup01
yeah was a bit warm but a real nice day.wait till it's 90 and we are saying damn wish it was may 1st again :twirlingeyes:

ProPointer
05-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Great pics, and great finds. :twirlingeyes:

WTG Dave and Rcat thumbsup01

sniffy
05-01-2010, 06:38 PM
Awesome Dave. I think thats a pretty nice token, pretty scarce I believe.

SeabeeRon
05-01-2010, 06:39 PM
Dang Dave!! I sure love :smitten:seeing your cellar digs!! Awesome stuff dude! (That's Californian for nice finds! 8) :shocked04:stretcher:)

angellionel
05-01-2010, 07:51 PM
Great stuff, Dave. It sure was a beautiful day out, perfect for detecting out in the woods. You guys must have had a lot of fun out there.

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-01-2010, 08:18 PM
Dang Dave!! I sure love :smitten:seeing your cellar digs!! Awesome stuff dude! (That's Californian for nice finds! 8) :shocked04:stretcher:)

lol ron! we use awesome dude on the east coast too ya know :tongue:
thanks man!

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-01-2010, 08:21 PM
Great stuff, Dave. It sure was a beautiful day out, perfect for detecting out in the woods. You guys must have had a lot of fun out there.

thanks Angel! yeah it was fun digging but not fun fighting off them fiesty gnats.they are immune to OFF bug spray i think.i think i ate 3 ,snorted one and one is still crawlin around in my ear canal :huh:

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-01-2010, 08:22 PM
a lantern wick snuffer maybe?

angellionel
05-01-2010, 09:05 PM
thanks Angel! yeah it was fun digging but not fun fighting off them fiesty gnats.they are immune to OFF bug spray i think.i think i ate 3 ,snorted one and one is still crawlin around in my ear canal :huh:

lol lol

Yeah, they are a terror! I hate dealing with them.

John M
05-02-2010, 06:53 AM
Nice finds Dave.I think that it is a kitchen item and most likely a pastry or pasta cutter.It also could have been used on fabrics or leather for tooling purposes.The token is a great item to find and from your town makes it a better find.

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-02-2010, 07:43 AM
Nice finds Dave.I think that it is a kitchen item and most likely a pastry or pasta cutter.It also could have been used on fabrics or leather for tooling purposes.The token is a great item to find and from your town makes it a better find.

thanks john! but i'm leaning more towards a lantern snuffer on this item.seems most agree on other forums too.it's not very rigid and not built for downward pressure.i don't know :confused:

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-02-2010, 09:20 AM
ron called and wants to go back up to these sites today.see what we find today thumbsup01

del
05-02-2010, 11:51 AM
thats a very very good day Dave , two coppers thumbsup01 couldn't tell ya what the item is though . good luck today and try not to eat any for wild life lol lol

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-02-2010, 09:01 PM
thats a very very good day Dave , two coppers thumbsup01 couldn't tell ya what the item is though . good luck today and try not to eat any for wild life lol lol

no ticks today and gnats were not as bad.so..i starved today crying01