PDA

View Full Version : Finally got the new sovereign to the lake Sunday

BHNugget
06-18-2013, 12:29 AM
The new sovereign kinda spoiled me on my first hunt this weekend. After my first five targets the coil made its way over a super smooth low tone, which I guessed to be a lead fishing weight. As soon as I kicked the sand pile I dumped from my scoop my heart went into overdrive. Laying there in the remains of the pile was a 14k gold ring with three diamonds, and yes, this is exactly what I probably looked like :shocked03: Later in the day I hit two more silver rings with gold leafs and a silver toe ring. The other seven hours were spent filling my finds pouch with an ungodly amount of tabs, foil, weights, aluminum shards, clad and the like. I definately fell in love with my new GT this weekend and cant wait to hit it again :drool:[attach=1][attach=2][attachimg=1][attachimg=2]

fsa46
06-18-2013, 05:54 AM
:congrats: on an AWESOME hunt. :perfect10:

The GT is my favorite wet/dry sand machine , you're going to love it :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:....looking at the pics :drool:,I'd have to say you

already do. ;)

del
06-18-2013, 03:32 PM
sweet rings BHNugget congrats on the ice and gold :perfect10:

BHNugget
06-18-2013, 06:55 PM
Thanks guys. The jeweler I took the ring to today said the center stone was 1/4 carat and the side diamonds were #10 or 12s (which is mumbo jumbo to me lol) He said the ring was probably $1100-1300 when new and the stones were probably 85-90% of the cost of the ring. He went on to say that with so much gold being scrapped right now that diamonds this size have really had their value driven down. The ring itself is fairly beat up but I have no complaints, its just going in the treasure chest anyway |:cheering:

coinnut
06-18-2013, 09:08 PM
What a way to start your ring finding career lol Nice finds. :clapping:

midas
06-28-2013, 07:15 AM
GREAT finds. Congrats. But, it's really sad what happened to the diamond market. In my experience, if the diamond is below a carat, it's pretty much worthless on resale compared to what you pay for new at a jeweler.
Dealers here offer $1 to $3 a point depending on quality (1/4 carat = 25 points). But, gold is gold.

Thiltzy
06-30-2013, 05:49 AM
Great find on the gold :smitten: hold onto to it gold will go again. Think of it as a free investment

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-01-2013, 10:10 PM
gorgeous rings! seems the GT is the machine of choice in the beach sand