PDA

View Full Version : Derby fans??!

Epi-hunter
05-01-2010, 05:46 PM
I know there are some KY people here....

Woo hoo!!!! I just won big on Super Saver!

I knew that horse was going to win. I bet a win for him (I also bet a trifecta, boxed, with Lookin' for Lucky, Super Saver, and Ice Box, and didn't miss by much on that). Super Saver is from a farm here in Versailles where I live.

I never bet on horses... I had to sit through a class at work on how to bet on Kentucky Derby horses. From that I just had a really strong feeling so I decided to try. :)

coinnut
05-01-2010, 05:58 PM
I know there are some KY people here....

Woo hoo!!!! I just won big on Super Saver!

I'm not from Kentucky (you people don't have any places to metal detect) lol So I'll stay right here :cheesysmile: But winning big bucks on a horse is a universal language ;) Congrats on your winnings, beats finding some of the trinkits I found today thumbsup01 Which race is this?? Part of the triple crown? :confused:

ProPointer
05-01-2010, 06:41 PM
I'm not a big fan of the KD, But there sure is a lot of history behind it.

Congratz on the Winnings!

Geekwinkle
05-02-2010, 12:08 AM
Grats on the win, Epi! I went to the Oaks yesterday with the wife, and we bet the Derby while we were there. I bet a Trifecta also, with Super Saver, Icebox and Devil May Care... if only the filly had run where I thought she would, I'd have been a winner too - she just had a bad trip, looked like to me.

With all the rain forecast today and tomorrow, it's nice to have a local distraction to fill in the day :grin:

tanacat
05-02-2010, 09:36 AM
I'm not from Kentucky (you people don't have any places to metal detect)
:bop: :bop: :bop: I missed you George! I've been MIA...

Congrats on the big win Angie!!! Enough to take me to Red Lobster for lunch? lol

Well, I grew up here in Kentucky with parents that are hard-core Derby fans. They and their friends go to the in-field every year, red wagons loaded up with canopies, chairs, food and drink (in the old days they had NUMEROUS creative ways to smuggle alcohol in there). I went one time with them to the in-field in 1980 and won $30 on Genuine Risk (girl power- bet on her because only filly). I was only 12 yrs old, a bit too heavy on the party scene; akin to Mardi Gras drunken craziness & show your @#$$% going on everywhere. So I didn't go to in-field again until I was in college.

Epi-hunter
05-02-2010, 09:39 AM
I'm not from Kentucky (you people don't have any places to metal detect) lol So I'll stay right here :cheesysmile: But winning big bucks on a horse is a universal language ;) Congrats on your winnings, beats finding some of the trinkits I found today thumbsup01 Which race is this?? Part of the triple crown? :confused:

Which race is this?? lol Come on George, don't care where you live. The Kentucky Derby! lol I know they cover it nationally :grin:

What do they call it? The most exciting two minutes in sports or something like that.

Epi-hunter
05-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Grats on the win, Epi! I went to the Oaks yesterday with the wife, and we bet the Derby while we were there. I bet a Trifecta also, with Super Saver, Icebox and Devil May Care... if only the filly had run where I thought she would, I'd have been a winner too - she just had a bad trip, looked like to me.

With all the rain forecast today and tomorrow, it's nice to have a local distraction to fill in the day :grin:

Yes, the filly was a great horse but she had no shot in the Derby.

The weather was terrible. It was raining here during the Derby but it did clear up in Louisville just before the race. The track was horrible slop though.

The drive through betting at Keeneland was insane. I avoided Lexington Road all day.

Epi-hunter
05-02-2010, 09:46 AM

Congrats on the big win Angie!!! Enough to take me to Red Lobster for lunch? lol

Well, I grew up here in Kentucky with parents that are hard-core Derby fans. They and their friends go to the in-field every year, red wagons loaded up with canopies, chairs, food and drink (in the old days they had NUMEROUS creative ways to smuggle alcohol in there). I went one time with them to the in-field in 1980 and won $30 on Genuine Risk (girl power- bet on her because only filly). I was only 12 yrs old, a bit too heavy on the party scene; akin to Mardi Gras drunken craziness & show your @#$$% going on everywhere. So I didn't go to in-field again until I was in college.

Enough to take you to Red Lobster for dinner! lol

There you are Tana. Glad to see you again! We need to make some plans. Hopefully with the others too.

coinnut
05-02-2010, 03:51 PM

rofl rofl rofl :bop: Ouch that hurt :confused:

coinnut
05-02-2010, 03:54 PM
Which race is this?? lol Come on George, don't care where you live. The Kentucky Derby! lol I know they cover it nationally :grin:

What do they call it? The most exciting two minutes in sports or something like that.

Hmmm. The only thing I can think of from Kentucky that rings a bell is some guy named Jack Daniels (Charlie Daniel's brother) rofl

Epi-hunter
05-02-2010, 05:11 PM
Hmmm. The only thing I can think of from Kentucky that rings a bell is some guy named Jack Daniels (Charlie Daniel's brother) rofl

Tana, I think we need to fly George to Kentucky for a vacation. lol

hoser
05-02-2010, 07:12 PM
Hey Angie congrats on the win lady. Good on you. :drool: thumbsup01

Ill Digger
05-02-2010, 11:19 PM
rofl rofl
No George not the Danials boys
Charlie is from North Carolina.
I think they're talkin' about chicken in a bucket rofl :poke:
Congrats on the big win Angie thumbsup01

coinnut
05-03-2010, 07:49 AM
rofl rofl
No George not the Danials boys
Charlie is from North Carolina.
Congrats on the big win Angie thumbsup01

I think you are right! thumbsup01 rofl rofl ummm chicken and some Daniel's drink :shocked04: Now that's a metal detecting meal lol

tanacat
05-03-2010, 08:17 AM
Tana, I think we need to fly George to Kentucky for a vacation. lol

Yeah Angie, he'll prob be shocked that we'll be wearing shoes! rofl And have skyscrapers! And oh my gosh, maybe one of us will even be wearing a Led Zeppelin t-shirt! lol (versus some country singer)

tanacat
05-03-2010, 08:22 AM

We're joking about this, but it's really kinda sad how us Ky folks are stereotyped by movies like Deliverance and Coal Miner's Daughter... I've lived in other states and have heard the wierdest things/common misconceptions about and shock- for example the things I said above. Those three examples I actually heard from people while living in Boulder, Colorado... lol I was wearing a Zeppelin t-shirt and the person said I didn't think you'd even know who they were :confused:

Epi-hunter
05-03-2010, 08:57 AM
lol Yes there are a lot of stereotypes about KY. What's funny is that Lexington is one of the nicest, wealthiest, sophisticated cities I've ever been in. There are a lot of very intelligent people here and the stereotype is just that.

I think only the hillbillies are single though. My requirements in a date have gone from fairly picky, to no twang accent, and he must still have his front teeth rofl

del
05-03-2010, 03:07 PM
We're joking about this, but it's really kinda sad how us Ky folks are stereotyped by movies like Deliverance and Coal Miner's Daughter... I've lived in other states and have heard the wierdest things/common misconceptions about and shock- for example the things I said above. Those three examples I actually heard from people while living in Boulder, Colorado... lol I was wearing a Zeppelin t-shirt and the person said I didn't think you'd even know who they were :confused:

Deliverance :confused: didn't that take place in Georgia you mean it happens in Kentucky too. :tongue: :poke: :tongue: lol lol and Coal Miners Daughter wasn't that West Virginia :confused: :confused: hey George you were right they have no place to detect and they forget alot too. lol lol :poke: lol
hey just for the record i'm just kidding Tana and Angie and anyone else from Kentucky , i don't need any hate mail or death threats lol lol lol

and just to prove i pick on everyone George Jack Daniels is made in Tennessee you blockhead with all the times you've
hugged the porcelin thrown you think you'd remember that. :bop: :bop: :bop: lol rofl rofl

coinnut
05-03-2010, 03:54 PM
and just to prove i pick on everyone George Jack Daniels is made in Tennesee you blockhead

Lynchburg, Tennessee? :confused: :confused: Next thing you will be telling me is the colonel is not really a colonel? Geeze Del, lighten up will ya rofl
And what's this Led Zeppelin stuff? Everybody knows it's the Monkeys all the way lol

Epi-hunter
05-03-2010, 05:17 PM
We don't make Jack Daniels here. We make bourbon. We make bourbon for the entire world with one hand, while enforcing dry county laws with the other. lol

Sorry Tana. Don't kill me! lol I'm just teasing along with these two troublemakers. They will never really know what Kentucky is all about :) I dare them to come here and find some coppers. ;) Lots of history here.

coinnut
05-03-2010, 05:33 PM
We don't make Jack Daniels here. We make bourbon. We make bourbon for the entire world with one hand, while enforcing dry county laws with the other. lol

Sorry Tana. Don't kill me! lol I'm just teasing along with these two troublemakers. They will never really know what Kentucky is all about :) I dare them to come here and find some coppers. ;) Lots of history here.

Now Del has done it. :rolleyes: He starts trouble and then dissapears lol Forget about your copper challenge, I'm wondering if he can find one here rofl He's slowing down lately. ;) I'm expecting much more from the reigning copper crown champion :poke:

tanacat
05-03-2010, 10:02 PM
I dare them to come here and find some coppers. ;) Lots of history here.

Yeah I proved that already by finding that 1833 copper thumbsup01

Let's do a group hunt here! I got the place... I'm going to PM you with the details Angie. :yes: