PDA

View Full Version : Hunt at Old Saybrook

coinnut
06-20-2013, 08:15 PM
Yep, it's that time again to hunt for relics and help prove (or disprove lol) some history. Todays hunt started where yesterday's left off....with NOT MUCH :rolleyes: Finally someone found a huge chunk of iron. They joked about it being part of a cannon. Upon further inspection :confused: It is :shocked04: A blown up cannon fragment. :clapping: I got to detect a couple of yards and found lots of coins and junk. But I did manage to get one item that counted. Del always says I'm lucky lol and in my usual luck, I put the coil to the ground in an area we are looking for large calibur roundball, took a few steps and dug a nice .69 cal lead ball |:confused:) Thank you detecting Gods lol Found some other items and then it was time to pack up for tomorrows hunt. To be continued......[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

aloldstuff
06-21-2013, 05:35 AM
Hey Lucky, that's what Rob calls me. :congrats: on the .69 caliber.

OxShoeDrew
06-21-2013, 12:39 PM
Does that ball have something to do with the Pequot battles? Nice buttons too!

RobW
06-21-2013, 04:03 PM
Hey Lucky, that's what Rob calls me.

That's only because you remind me of Lucky the dog...you know the one that only has 3 legs, hobbles around, blind, missing half it's tail...but is still going..... rofl

RobW
06-21-2013, 04:05 PM
Ya know George...some of us have to work during the week.......thanks for rubbing it in.. lol

Congrats on some historical finds :clapping:

aloldstuff
06-21-2013, 04:42 PM
That's only because you remind me of Lucky the dog...you know the one that only has 3 legs, hobbles around, blind, missing half it's tail...but is still going..... rofl

I've said it before and I'll say it again........tough crowd on here. :stretcher:

coinnut
06-21-2013, 07:36 PM
Does that ball have something to do with the Pequot battles?

It may. We are looking specifically for large caliber roundball that may have been used in an ambush.

Ya know George...some of us have to work during the week

lol I believe detecting 8 hours in the hot sun is work ;)

fsa46
06-22-2013, 05:51 AM
Nice score George. |:cheering: I'm certain that I'm not the only one that enjoys hearing from both you and Dan about your Pequot hunts. Thanks for posting. thumbsup01

Bell-Two
06-22-2013, 07:46 AM
Nice stuff there, good to find some history!

Lodge Scent
06-22-2013, 03:12 PM
From a round ball to a chunk of a cannon! Pretty interesting finds.

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-22-2013, 06:57 PM
nice relics G!