PDA

View Full Version : Weight Loss for the Treasure Hunter

danhughes
06-21-2013, 06:32 AM
My metal detecting / treasure hunting podcast this week is a bit off topic, but many of us are now at the age where being overweight can be dangerous.

My doctor told me I had to lose weight when I was diagnosed with diabetes. So I did, much to his surprise.

I found it pretty easy, and if you need to drop some pounds, diabetic or not, listen to this show. This is the diet that has worked for me for over a decade, and has totally eliminated all my diabetic symptoms too.

PLUS, a report on a study that shows how you can cut your exercise time in half and still lose three times as much weight as you would have lost the old way.

And no, I'm not selling anything! (Well, except my treasure hunting book.)

It's show #126 at http://thetreasurecorner.com/ .

scottie12
06-29-2013, 01:49 PM
Well done Dan. I was in a very similar position to you. In May I was told that I was 2 points off being diabetic (diabetes starts at 126 points, I had 124). Naturally I was also told that losing weight would stop getting diabetes. Since May 5th I've lost 27lb. I wish that I could get out with the detector more, but I moved from Scotland in January and I am quite unfamiliar with US law relating to where I can and can't detect. Otherwise I might have lost even more. So I know how hard it has been for you, keep it up and give yourself a pat on the back. :perfect10:

danhughes
06-29-2013, 05:28 PM
Scotty, you know as much about the American laws for metal detecting as everybody else knows - because except for the No hunting in National Parks law, the laws are different everywhere. Some states have laws pertaining to state property, some cities/towns/villages have laws about hunting parks and schools, but there are no standard guidelines you can count on. You just have to search out the laws for your own area.

Because of that, I always recommend that beginners start in their own yards. You know you're not breaking any laws when you do that! Plus, you should learn to dig without leaving holes before you start detecting on other people's property. After you've cleaned your own yard, do the yards of relatives and friends. Unlike the parks and schoolyards, you'll be the first detector-slinger ever to hit most of those private-property yards, so you'll find the OLD stuff!

---Dan