PDA

View Full Version : More clad

bob_e99
06-21-2013, 04:46 PM
This is not very interesting but I returned to the site from my last post and pulled out another bunch of clad

64 quarters
54 dimes (including one really mashed one)
60 pennies (including 2 wheats which gave me hope of finding some older silver but never happened)
1 Susie B. dollar (needed some variety) these are not nearly as pretty as the old silver dollars

Still no silver coins or rings :rolleyes: so I think it's time to go back to some more interesting locations.

Thanks for looking.

dave in iowa
06-21-2013, 05:55 PM
good haul there ,
|:cheering:

POKIE73
06-21-2013, 05:55 PM
nothing wrong with hunting clad we all have at one time or another looks like you did well always good for gas money r something dennis

z118
06-21-2013, 06:52 PM
That is an obscene amount of clad. I refuse to believe there isn't a ring or something else good at that spot somewhere. Maybe it's hiding beneath one of the nickels you aren't digging.... :rolleyes:

:congrats:

ps - I just looked at the totals again and my knees started to hurt just thinking about it!

coinnut
06-21-2013, 07:56 PM
This is not very interesting but I returned to the site from my last post and pulled out another bunch of clad

What's interesting is that you still have an arm left :shocked04: That is a lot of digging. It won't take long to pay off your machine or the mortgage for that matter lol :clapping:

aloldstuff
06-22-2013, 05:49 AM
:omg: that sure is a lot of digging. I would have :white:usaflag:: at about 1/4 your clad total. I still believe that there is some silver there.

CTDirtFisher
06-22-2013, 05:58 AM
$23.00 in Clad - :happy:

:wow:

Paul

bob_e99
06-22-2013, 04:12 PM
Thanks everyone for taking the time to post your comments.

:omg: that sure is a lot of digging. I would have :white:usaflag:: at about 1/4 your clad total. I still believe that there is some silver there.

The first day I was at that site, a high percentage of the targets were at the 5 to 7 inch depth which surprised me (that's deeper than I normally find most of my clad). The second day a lesser percentage were at that depth. The rest were down two or three inches so I didn't have to cut plugs (just some fancy picking with the digger so I could quickly recover the target). Of course there were about a dozen surface finds (nice shiny new quarters). It still was at a point though where I was getting concerned about cutting too many plugs but fortunately the ground was still moist from all the rain we've had and the soil was nice and black so the plugs stayed together and went back in with little to show that it was disturbed.

That is an obscene amount of clad. I refuse to believe there isn't a ring or something else good at that spot somewhere. Maybe it's hiding beneath one of the nickels you aren't digging.... :rolleyes:

:congrats:

ps - I just looked at the totals again and my knees started to hurt just thinking about it!

Still scratching my head regarding the nickels. I really have to work on that. As for silver, I think that my ears and my brains got so use to the quarter sound that I may have subconsciously blocked out anything else, especially if it was a week signal from a deep target. That was a problem of hitting too many quarters (at least for me on these two hunts).

$23.00 in Clad - :happy:

:wow:

Paul

Combined with my first day the total was $41.64 which blows my mind. I usually can't cover the cost of a candy bar but I could actually buy a meal with this money (assuming they want nasty looking coins :) )

Thanks again and good luck hunting to all.