PDA

View Full Version : Filing Sites

OxShoeDrew
06-23-2013, 11:24 AM
Had two invites to hunt this beautiful weekend but turned up sick :sick: >:/

So I alphabetized my list of sites. :grin: I keep a word document (drive) of sites under headings of the towns they are in. I have between 1 and 15 sites in each town. I put a star on the sites I've visited and maybe some notes as to what I've found. What do you folks do? Do you put them in Excel? Keep them on a large map? I bet in Excel I could add columns like close by or &quot:grin:an and Geo Picked this Clean lol
Any tips? Thanks, Drew

del
06-23-2013, 11:53 AM
I bet in Excel I could add columns like close by or &quot:grin:an and Geo Picked this Clean lol
Any tips? Thanks, Drew

lol lol Hey Drew , I usually name each of my sites by using the most unusual thing found there or really nice item found there . for instants , George knows the place that i named my Gw site or his powder flask site ect. and i keep them logged with the number of total coins found , kinds of coins , estamated time era of the site . also briefly describe the area very dense to swing a coil or better to hit in the spring or fall and based on finds and quality of the finds and condition give it a rating of 1 to 10 .

Dan

Lodge Scent
06-24-2013, 09:24 PM
Drew, if you have Microsoft Access, you can get pretty creative setting up a database to record all your finds. Its not as easy as Excel, but it allows you to add text, use drop down boxes, attach photos very easily and sort your finds in many different ways. You can sort and filter in Excel too of course but the Access database functions are pretty slick. Actually, I think I set up my template in Excel then imported it into Access. That took care of half the work.

Jeff

milco
06-25-2013, 09:24 AM
I use excel, but have been contemplating MS Access like lodgescent mentioned.

OxShoeDrew
06-25-2013, 01:39 PM
Thanks guys, I'm going to check out Access now that school is out :bananadance: ...and fill it up with 100s of productive sites!! :cheering:

coinnut
06-25-2013, 07:10 PM
I found an easier way to remember sites....I just have Del do it. :clapping: thumbsup01

del
06-29-2013, 12:58 PM
I found an easier way to remember sites....I just have Del do it. :clapping: thumbsup01

lol lol somehow i knew that was going to be your answer :yes: