PDA

View Full Version : send my AT pro back to garrett

carl2112
06-24-2013, 03:50 PM
well after pulling whats left of my hair out. i finally sent my AT pro back to garrett for repair. it was driving me crazy first i thought the head phones were bad then the coil until i realized the problem is intermitten one day it works the next day nothing it turns on and powers up but wont read anything metal. good thing its still under warranty i hope they get it back to me soon i just got permission to hunt some property at work which will be developed soon. if anyone has any garrett customer service stories good or bad please share them with me ive had nothing but great customer service from them so far but you never know

scottie12
06-29-2013, 01:43 PM
I've never returned my detector, but last year I had problems with my GTI2500. It took around 2 months and several e-mails to get a response from Garrett. Unfortunately the problem was never resolved. I can still use the machine, but only on some grounds not all. Put me off buying Garrett again. :girlcry:

leslie(nova scotia)
07-04-2013, 06:40 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....
Garrett usually great to deal with and hope your baby gets back to you soon. Do you have a back up detector? <;)

Boulder
07-04-2013, 11:14 PM
I never had to send my GTI 2500 in for repairs, but every time I had a question about my equipment they were very nice and spent time to be sure I understood the info they were giving.
I hope you get a fast turn around and your equipment works out for you.
I know when a new product is bad, nothing can change the bad feelings.
Best of luck, John. :crossfingers:

POKIE73
07-05-2013, 01:26 PM
check with mariedad he may be able to help you he had problems with his dennis

Digger 2
07-17-2013, 11:31 AM
Good luck with the repairs on your AT Pro. I am having an issue with mine, I'll be checking it out down at a beach about 40 miles or so from me. Last time I used it at that beach, it wouldn't detect anything, the lady at Garrett suggested that I go back to the beach with my other coils and see if the problem is repeatable.

milco
07-17-2013, 06:27 PM
My only experience with Garrett was on my propointer and they took excellent care of me by replacing it under warranty in about two weeks. Not sure on a detector, however.