PDA

View Full Version : Negative low tide and some older silver

Thiltzy
06-25-2013, 08:01 PM
I got in the water for the first time this summer as I wanted to take advantage of the negative tides. With only 2 hours to hunt, I found a low old spot that produced some old silver but no gold today >:(

del
06-25-2013, 08:07 PM
aqua man is back at it ;) hey congrats on the old silver Todd the nickle looks great |:cheering: |:cheering:

coinnut
06-25-2013, 08:29 PM
Wow, is that place made of acid ? :shocked04: I never seen silver break apart like that. The WL must have sang out loud. I wonder just how much silver and gold is still in the water?. I have yet to get a water hunt in. Nice old coins though. The nickel is cool looking. thumbsup01

fsa46
06-26-2013, 03:30 AM
Glad to see you got your feet wet Todd, always nice finding the old silver. :yes:

George, That condition's common with the old silver found in the salt water. I've found some great silver only to wipe away the tear crying01 when it looked like the pics Todd posted.

coinnut
06-26-2013, 08:14 PM
George, That condition's common with the old silver found in the salt water. I've found some great silver only to wipe away the tear crying01 when it looked like the pics Todd posted.

That would make me crying01 But hey, silver is silver lol It's just so different from some of the rings I have seen and how nice they clean up that it caught me off guard.

hamiddetecting
06-27-2013, 09:15 AM
C :shocked03: :shocked04: :shocked04:stretcher: :shocked01: :omg: :wow:ongratulations :congrats:

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-30-2013, 06:45 PM
Wow, is that place made of acid ? :shocked04: I never seen silver break apart like that. The WL must have sang out loud. I wonder just how much silver and gold is still in the water?. I have yet to get a water hunt in. Nice old coins though. The nickel is cool looking. thumbsup01

nice hunt Todd! no telling what has been dumped in Long Island sound over the years.scary thought