PDA

View Full Version : Some firsts at a Park!

Beefcake
05-02-2010, 04:45 PM
I decided to go to a park that I had hunted last year that didn't yield me anything but a bunch of clad. It is an old park, but I just couldn't get anything. I figured it was slammed over the years. It sits in a small amish community that dates back to the 1840's. I took my daughters with me today to let them play as I detected. I turned the machine on and in the first 5 feet, I got my first signal. It was the deepest Mercury Dime I have found to date. It was nearly 9 down... 1918 S. I continued on and found an old set of horseshoe pits. Right next to the horseshoe pit I got an awesome 12-48 signal! I had a feeling it was a big silver, but most never pan out...This time it did! At 6 I saw the edge of a large silver...My very first dug Walking Liberty!!!...1943. I picked up a bunch more clad quarters and dimes...I only dug one penny signal...I like to get at least one wheatie per hunt ;) It was a rainy day today and I don't have a rainguard for my E-trac, so the hunt was cut short. Just before I left I found the old posts for a volleyball court that hadn't been used for years. I picked up a nice 12-45 and pulled silver #3 for the day! My first 3 silver day and my first Walking liberty! Here's the pics...I didn't get a pic of the merc in the ground...

Epi-hunter
05-02-2010, 04:49 PM
OMG Brian! You are doing fantastic! That is a beautiful walker. I am drooling lol :drool: You have to hit that park again and again! There is more there. :)

coinnut
05-02-2010, 04:55 PM
It's like being a kid at Christmas time lol I think you have a lot of new (old) hunting grounds. I'd pound that park for all that deep silver you've been missing all those years. I bet you are really regretting getting that machine? rofl Nice score and congrats on your fisrt Walking Liberty Brian!!

angellionel
05-02-2010, 05:15 PM
Awesome finds BC! That WLH is beautiful! Coinnut is right, you have a lot of new ground now. Keep hitting that park and pull all the silver that has been missed all these years. You are going to need a Brink's truck though. lol

hoser
05-02-2010, 07:03 PM
WTG! BUDDY! very nice WLH and the rest of your finds are outstanding as well. You are doing great with the Etrac. :drool: :yes:

xzlr8n
05-02-2010, 09:47 PM
Congrats!! Making me wonder if I should try an eTrac on for size :confused:. Looks like you have opened up a nice park for yourself!! Way to go on getting that beast to produce for you thumbsup01.

Beefcake
05-02-2010, 10:43 PM
It really feels good to me. Kinda like the way the DFX use to feel. I've gotten better at the sounds and the numbers.

Ill Digger
05-02-2010, 11:42 PM
Sweet find Brian !! thumbsup01
I know that feeling !!
I found my first one just a week or so ago.
Isn't that exsiting!!! SWEET !! :twirlingeyes: Good for you!!
Congrats :grin:

SeabeeRon
05-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Look out Angel, Beef is right behind you!! :grin: :cheesysmile:

hoser
05-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Hey Brian isn't it cool to go back over an area you have covered more than once and find even more deep targets. I'm loving this Etrac a lot. :drool: ;)