PDA

View Full Version : Quantity over quality

z118
05-02-2010, 05:00 PM
Been on a bit of a detecting hiatus lately, but i got back into it over the past few days, getting out on Thursday and Friday evenings, and Saturday and Sunday mornings. Mostly did the school yard thing... kind of getting back to the basics (for me anyway). Long story short, over the four days I managed 357 coins worth $31.59 which includes 5 wheats, a '76 half, and a Canadian dollar. The usual other junk too, including a buckle that looks old to me. I'd be interested to hear all your thoughts on age and use. The Merc in the pic is just for size.

Epi-hunter
05-02-2010, 05:05 PM
The buckle looks really old, z. (I know, that's a huge help lol )

That is a ton of digging. I'm tired just looking at it. :) Congrats on the merc! The one ring looks like silver too.

Beefcake
05-02-2010, 05:43 PM
A suspender buckle perhaps? Looks like some neat stuff there! Congrats on the load!

coinnut
05-02-2010, 05:47 PM
Nice digs Z. Sometimes quantity is OK. But that's more holes than I can dig lol Lucky you covered your tracks, because that school yard would look like a bombing run. rofl Nice Merc!! The suspender buckle is old and a general guess would be the 1870'- 80's. Most of them had some info on the buckle, like a patent date or a maker's name. Look it over carefully under a loupe, since they marked the hinge part sometimes in tiny letters. But they go back to the 50' and 60's too (that's 1850's and 60's :shocked04:)So you found some old stuff too. I like them suspender buckles since they had a lot of variety to them. Some nice scroll works. Glad you made some time for some fun!!

hoser
05-02-2010, 07:01 PM
I read this and had to go take an Advil from the pain. rofl Nice haul bud. Love the merc and thay is a very cool buckle. Well done. thumbsup01

xzlr8n
05-02-2010, 09:39 PM
You are digging machine!! 0.3% on the silver ratio :bangahead01:, who said silver was easy to find. At least you had a good $$ total. Congrats!!

Update: re-read your post and you had 0 for 357 which is zilch in the silver dept. :embarrassed:

SeabeeRon
05-03-2010, 08:24 PM
WOW! :shocked04: That is some haul Z!! :yes: