PDA

View Full Version : Rings and Silver

z118
06-30-2013, 08:59 PM
I had Saturday morning free and although the forecast called for on and off showers all day I took a chance and headed several towns over to an old school I had hunted the weekend before. It was pouring when I started driving but had stopped by the time I arrived. The hunt started pretty slowly but after a bit I dug an odd ring. It looked like gold coming out of the dirt, but there is no stamp other than a little arrow inside the band. It has a large stone but it is chipped and cloudy. The ring tests positive for 10k with my acid kit but I'll try to have it verified at a jeweler. A short while later I pulled a nice sterling ring. The two rings had me quite pleased but I was really hoping for some silver coins from this spot and I was a bit puzzled at the lack of them. I had to take cover in my car for a while as a heavy downpour came through. It cleared up a little and I got back at it. I'm glad I waited it out because after a bit more hunting I dug a '46 Rosie and a war nickel in nice shape other than a nasty gash in it. All in all it was a nice hunt.

Sunday I only had a bit of time between family obligations so I was only able to hit a few local spots. I managed a bit of clad and a few wheats and older nickels.

I'm already looking forward to the 4th... hopefully I'll be able to get in some good digging over the holiday weekend.

Happy hunting...

aloldstuff
07-01-2013, 04:59 AM
:congrats: on waiting for the rain to go away. The ring looks like gold to me. Nice silvers and it looks like a pile of wheats on top of that. The clad looks like a hefty haul, if I dug that much I couldn't walk for a week.

bob_e99
07-01-2013, 07:24 AM
|:cheering:
Nice hunt(s). That war nickel is in amazing shape. Too bad about the gouge. And I'm no expert but that the diamond setting on the gold ring looks old. That ring may have some age to it.

:congrats: on some nice finds.

396nova
07-01-2013, 12:58 PM
:perfect10: Nice finds for sure. Good job. :congrats:

leslie(nova scotia)
07-02-2013, 08:42 AM
From the land of the Bluenose.......days like that now a days are few and far between. A most outing day with the rings and quota. Youz da bouy! <;)

coinnut
07-02-2013, 11:12 AM
Nice finds Z. The rings are different looking and interesting. Cool looking round stone in one of them. Great hunt :clapping:

Cheap Thrills
07-02-2013, 11:34 AM
:wow:Great hunt Z , you got a little of everything there . |:cheering: :clapping: