PDA

View Full Version : lowered lake gives new insight to old machine

leslie(nova scotia)
07-01-2013, 12:02 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....Navy Davy and I hammered the lower lake several times and each time it was refilled and emptied again new targets appeared.

We found that even the weakest signal often proved to be a good one as it was on it's side or near a bad target.

Even though I have used the Freedom 3 Plus since it came out over 22 years ago I was not aware of the capability of this machine at it's fullest.

Point being is that no matter how well we feel that we have mastered a machine, it's capabilities and honed our skill with that particular machine there is still always something more to learn.

Had taken the AT Pro to this site and it was a disaster. So many targets, so much chattering and not as stable as the old Garrett for this type of hunt.

Just a thought and a I'd like to say a special thanks to Navy Davy for helping me out during these walking challenged times! <;)

Cheap Thrills
07-01-2013, 03:16 PM
Nice post Leslie and a toast to Navy Davy a true friend is indeed a treasure :beerbuddy: . A lot of folks are finding out that some of those older machines can do things a lot of the newer supermodels can't and of course it works the other way as well . It's not just all about depth . You can't beat knowing your machine .It's great when you have a machine or two that really click for you .Best wishes on your knee and hunts . :beerbuddy: