PDA

View Full Version : 29 th copper for the year

del
11-06-2009, 02:16 PM
well went out today and met up with another detectorist a few towns over ( good guy but very new to detecting) so i did alot of baby sitting for the couple of hours i had to play with . i did manage a few buttons a saddle shield boss and a pretty beat up 1818 large cent . i'm not lettin up on coinnut with this copper race :twirlingeyes:, regardless of the winner we have had a great year on finding them elussive coppers.

Dan

angellionel
11-06-2009, 02:35 PM
Congrats on a great year with the coppers! That's awesome! There is still time left in the year for a few more.

MNDigger
11-06-2009, 02:35 PM
Nice going on the LC Dan! thumbsup01 Man what do you think happened to that thing? I don't think I have seen a coin that has been that messed with before! Congrats on the rest of the relics as well!

SeabeeRon
11-06-2009, 03:01 PM
WTG on the Copper finds!! Who leads the race??!? :cheesysmile:

coinnut
11-06-2009, 03:03 PM
You call that a Copper:huh: :grin: :grin: :grin: There's a weight limit you know ;) Glad you finally got a chance to hook up with that guy. Looks like a pretty good haul for the day. You'll have to go out 4 times a week to beat me though :) See ya in the morning for some more copper hunting.

del
11-06-2009, 03:19 PM
Nice going on the LC Dan! thumbsup01 Man what do you think happened to that thing? Congrats on the rest of the relics as well!

thanks Steve , you got me it looks like they definately had plans to do something to it , maybe turn it into a button or something.

You call that a Copper:huh: :grin: :grin: :grin: There's a weight limit you know ;) Glad you finally got a chance to hook up with that guy. Looks like a pretty good haul for the day. You'll have to go out 4 times a week to beat me though :) See ya in the morning for some more copper hunting.

i didn't say she was pretty , 4 times a week to beat ya huh :grin: :grin: thats funny your better half says you can't even take 1 beating a week :cheesysmile: :grin: ;)

see ya in the morning and bring your game , i gotta keep up that 2 copper per new site quota reputation . ;)

Dan

Epi-hunter
11-06-2009, 05:26 PM
Wow that is a lot of coppers! thumbsup01

Who would do that to a perfectly good large cent? :-\

OkieDigger
11-06-2009, 06:50 PM
Very nice! I'd love to find just one and with date.

Islandhunter
11-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Nice job..29 coppers for a total of ALL detecting time is a good total, having that number for the year is awesome!!! Congrats and that contest sounds like a win-win if you already have 29 for the year!!!

Snowy
11-06-2009, 07:54 PM
Way cool.. pretty unique one there. You don't usually find them scored like that for cutting.
I agree with the others... 29 in a year is outstanding.
I only have a couple/few and one or two Canadian LCs. Makes me want to get back into some of those old farm fields.
Congrats on this year's loot to date!

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-06-2009, 09:28 PM
nice job dan! a copper's a copper! thumbsup01

cab
11-07-2009, 02:47 AM
boy they hacked that one up, look on the bright side its still a copper!

marchas45
11-07-2009, 05:49 PM
Great finds del if you don't win the coppers race your still a winner in my book. thumbsup01

bmattioli
11-07-2009, 09:36 PM
You guys have had a great year and it keeps adding up. It's been fun watching this race all year long, so many Big Copper's have been found.. Huge congratulations..

Bruce