PDA

View Full Version : Coin Star Finds

z118
05-02-2010, 07:41 PM
I've never had luck finding left behind rejected coins at Coinstar machines, though I always check... For some reason this week my luck changed. I found a handful of coins in one - consisting of some Canadian quarters, a Hong Kong 10 cent coin, some tokens, and 3 wheats including a 43 steel cent! Then a few days later I found a '53 dime in one. If I can't dig the silver I'm happy to get it this way instead I guess. And the steel cent is cool since I know I'll never dig one, at least not in recognizable shape.

coinnut
05-02-2010, 08:41 PM
Nice. I wonder if anyone even knows that they left at least $1.30 in silver (exchange) for that dime. lol I bet they would have taken that for it. :yes: I've found two 1943 steel cents while detecting, a long time ago in parks. The only way I knew that it was a steel cent is because it was with other wheats in a pocket spill and was the same size. It's as close to proving a steel cent as I have come across. I'm with you, I'll take silver any way I can get it. Junk the Hong Kong coin though rofl

hoser
05-04-2010, 01:57 PM
Hey it still counts as a silver find Z. I check the coinstar at the grocery store every time I go, but have only found one Canadian dime. Well done bud. thumbsup01