PDA

View Full Version : NASTIEST HUNT EVER* COPPER & 3 IH'S

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-05-2013, 07:12 AM
I think the title says it all. Being the 2 knuckleheads that Todd & myself are. Ya think we woulda learned after last weeks blood shed? :shocked04:verreaction: so we decide to do it again :hysterical:.
now let me tell you in 6 yrs of hunting cellar holes I have never been so violated by a swarm of mosquitos.
these are the most aggressive & hungry blood sucking flying vampires that I ever ever dealt with in my life.
at one point I had to make a small campfire near the cellar hole just get some smoke going to get some temporary relief from them(no Dan,my cig smoke did not phase them) :rolleyes:
we literally had 30 attacking & biting us at all times.no amount of deep woods OFF on arms,shirt and pants would stop these monsters.not to mention the heat & humidity.my clothes were soaked from sweat. i think me & Todd are gonna change our user names to ITCHY & SCRATCHY :thinkingabout:
http://articles.courant.com/2013-07-03/news/hc-many-connecticut-mosquitos-20130702_1_floodwater-mosquitoes-mosquito-activity-deet

anyways,i got 3 toasty IH's and a almost slick large copper.looks like a bust facing left and rang up 63 on the VDI.the back is smooth
can ya make out anything to ID it Dan?

Tony Two-Cent
07-05-2013, 07:39 AM
I must say, you have to be really hardcore to endure those conditions! :stretcher:

But I probably would have been right there with you. thumbsup01

What are the dates on the Indian Heads, Todd?

I have no idea about the copper, hopefully Dan will have an idea.

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-05-2013, 07:48 AM
I must say, you have to be really hardcore to endure those conditions! :stretcher:

But I probably would have been right there with you. thumbsup01

What are the dates on the Indian Heads, Todd?

I have no idea about the copper, hopefully Dan will have an idea.

yeah it was bad tony.Todd is the other guy though ;) the only thing it got off the 3 IH's is one 190? they were pretty toasty

Tony Two-Cent
07-05-2013, 07:54 AM
yeah it was bad tony.Todd is the other guy though ;) the only thing it got off the 3 IH's is one 190? they were pretty toasty

Wow, sorry Dave! I guess I haven't had enough caffeine yet this morning! :embarrassed:

lol

aloldstuff
07-05-2013, 07:54 AM
So in you honest opinion did you or the bugs win? Amazing the you got 3 IH's along with 2 memorials:huh:thinkingabout: No idea on the copper. I went out for only an hour and I was a stinking sweat ball.

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-05-2013, 07:58 AM
So in you honest opinion did you or the bugs win? Amazing the you got 3 IH's along with 2 memorials:huh:thinkingabout: No idea on the copper. I went out for only an hour and I was a stinking sweat ball.

I'd say the bugs won.we went for 8 hrs.imagine how we smelled? :omg:

OxShoeDrew
07-05-2013, 08:46 AM
Nice endurance Todd! :grin:
I was out yesterday and thought the bugs intolerable until about 10am when breezes blew the critters away and the humidity burned off. |:cheering:

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-05-2013, 08:49 AM
Nice endurance Todd! :grin:
I was out yesterday and thought the bugs intolerable until about 10am when breezes blew the critters away and the humidity burned off. |:cheering:

thanks oxknob! the breeze did not blow our swarm away.I think it blew more in >:/

Lodge Scent
07-05-2013, 01:42 PM
Dave, I tip my hat to you guys for going out in this stuff. Work and family obligations have limited me to swinging the coil to maybe 5 hours in the last 2 months so I have been detecting vicariously through you hard core few. Those are well earned finds ! thumbsup01

Thiltzy
07-05-2013, 04:07 PM
Dave, there is no moaning allowed in metal detecting :hammer:

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-05-2013, 06:52 PM
Dave, there is no moaning allowed in metal detecting :hammer:

sorry I did enough of that yesterday :embarrassed: >:tongue: dang mosquitos!

del
07-08-2013, 02:57 AM
and you guys still persist to punish yourselves for a few measely coppers and trinkets , they have group meetings for compulsive behavior that you two display lol rofl

nice stuff gentlemen |:cheering: |:cheering:

coinnut
07-08-2013, 07:16 PM
So I'm starting to think the whole point of your hunts is to feed the mosquito population so they do not starve?....How noble of you guys :angelic: For that good deed, you get a couple of crusty coins lol Nice hunt guys.