PDA

View Full Version : 2 big silver's in 10 minutes!

DIGGER27
07-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Went to a park I have been hunting lately on Tuesday, I know this is an older park and at one time long ago had a upper end country club located on this site.
There is a big lake right in the middle of this park and I was told the club used to be located on the south side so I have been concentrating my efforts there without having much luck.
Tuesday I had to get my drivers license renewed which turned out to be a 9 hour process, but I was able to get text messages on my phone all day to let me know about my place in line.
The heck with sitting around there, I did a bunch of chores, some laundry, and then killed the rest of the time hunting at this park on the north side of the lake.
I wasn't expecting much, this really was about killing time and digging clad and maybe a ring or two, but right next to a very modern picnic pavilion I came across a high tone, opened a hole and saw the reeded edge of a coin...a big coin!
Turned on my cell phone to capture the moment with a crappy vid, and you can see how happy I was when I found my first silver half ever...a beautiful 1949 Franklin.
It was only about 1 inch deep.
Then, not 10 minutes later in the same area I got another high tone 91 on my F2...the same signal as the first Benjie, so hoping it was another one but suspecting it was just a big piece of thick can slaw I dug it.
Guess what?
Another Benjamin!
This one about 3 in depth.

I believe on this hunt I actually found the site of that old country club, or at least a very well used area by these club people or others in the past.
Do you think every public park has been hunted to death out there?
Considering I found both of these so shallow that any detector on the market could have found them, I believe this area of the park has not been hunted before, or has been avoided all these years because of the trash that most think is too much to deal with at these pavilion sites or maybe other reasons.
All I know is I am planning on spending a lot more time at this park in this area with several different detectors and coils.
Sometimes you get lucky in life, and finding this kind of virgin quality area on a hunt that was basically just to kill time is pure luck if ever I have seen it.

Since I am mostly a jewelry hunter I don't dig many silver coins at all, although I have found a couple of Mercs and Rosie dimes in my travels...but nothing else...ever.
This is by far the best coin hunt I have ever had, I officially now have silver fever, and hopefully much more to come!

2 Franklins (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dyabexj2NEw&feature=c4-overview&list=UUpjgKU3qrKYB57QV5wB3yog#)

dave in iowa
07-06-2013, 10:25 AM
2 in one hunt , hard to find even just one

milco
07-06-2013, 10:30 AM
Congrats on the big shiny silvers!!

Tony Two-Cent
07-06-2013, 05:20 PM
Two Franklin Halves, that's awesome beyond words! :happy:

In all my years of detecting, the Franklin half has managed to elude me, I have never found one. I would jump for joy if I ever found two within ten minutes of each other!

:congrats:

OxShoeDrew
07-06-2013, 05:41 PM
I'm not the veteran Tony is (probably not as old lol) but I'm also still waiting. They must sing out like song birds. :daydream:

coinnut
07-06-2013, 06:39 PM
Sometimes the most onvious signals are overlooked as trash. You dug them, you get to keep them lol Congrats on 2 big silvers. :clapping:

aloldstuff
07-07-2013, 05:21 AM
:wow: 2 Franklins in one hunt...fantastic. I, like many others have yet to dig one. :congrats: on recovering those two huge silvers and I hope there is more to come.

POKIE73
07-07-2013, 05:52 AM
like tony from the above post i also have never found one congrats on a fantastic pair of big silvers dennis :perfect10: :perfect10: