PDA

View Full Version : How to use and set up my V3

Manuellar
05-03-2010, 09:10 AM
Hello everyone.
I will try to explain how to configure and use my V3 (my land is very low mineral content).
1 .- At home set up:
I do not use discrimination, accept everything.
The VDIs I want discriminate to give them sound ZERO (-94 to -31).
The rest (-30 to +95 and -95) use 16 blocks of sound (120 to 255) in which possible targets grouped by their similarity or similarities.
Using Lock Track, set up manually from time to time, but left configured with Speed Auto Track 10 because it'll help the Ground Tracking is well graduated, for when I use it.
In Live Controls grouped leave Sensytivity - Ground Filtering - Frequency - Tx Boost (others to taste).
Set up so that when the V3 Power ON, Rx Gain = 5, Tx Boost = OFF, AM = 65, Disc= 75.
Using Best Data Three Frequencies, 5.0Hz Band, Recovery 115 and SAT 10.
2 .- In the field of search:
ON V3.
Frequency Offset graduated.
On a clean, Ground Tracking I manually until it tight.
I note, with the probe Ground, ground mineralization.
I note, with the probe sensitivity, Rx Gain% recommended and signal ground, EMI, etc.
Rx upload everything and let me repeat Ground Tracking manually.
AM I climb everything that I can (usually 80/85), again manually Ground Tracking.
Disc upload everything that I can (usually 90/93), again manually Ground Tracking.
If I have to download because it is hot under a bit Rx Gain and try the DISC not less than 90.
In AutoTrack ON, several passes with the coil in the field to monitor the tracking, comparing the result Track Lock again and note that no change in sound when you lift the coil and remains stable (mineralization of the land may vary along the sweep of the coil. If tracking is constantly going up or down ... are telling us and we should do manually Ground Tracking a few steps away).
On the first objective locate deep, I find Ground Filter.
If everything is correct ... and good luck searching.
In the targets dubious, I try to change, through Live Controls, Best Data to 2.5kHz, or plugging and unplugging Tx Boost, or changing the Ground Filters. To try to get a more accurate reading VDI. Also remove some land and I pass the coil to achieve a more stable VDI, I decide whether to dig or not.
Well, roughly, this is what I do with my V3 and ... IT WORKS.
I hope this helps and if someone wants to explain the reason for this, I'll try.
Regards

coinnut
05-07-2010, 08:14 PM
Nice write up and a good grasp of the controls on the V3. It makes me want to get one lol I think you have a lot of good points there, and some areas around we detect here, may benifit from it. I think this machine is going to have many different ways to operate it sucessfully. Thanks for your experiences thumbsup01

RickO
05-10-2010, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the write up... The V3 is a great machine, and we all benefit from sharing our experiences. RickO

silysavg
04-20-2011, 09:34 AM
Hello everyone.
I will try to explain how to configure and use my V3 (my land is very low mineral content).
1 .- At home set up:
I do not use discrimination, accept everything.
The VDIs I want discriminate to give them sound ZERO (-94 to -31).
The rest (-30 to +95 and -95) use 16 blocks of sound (120 to 255) in which possible targets grouped by their similarity or similarities.
Using Lock Track, set up manually from time to time, but left configured with Speed Auto Track 10 because it'll help the Ground Tracking is well graduated, for when I use it.
In Live Controls grouped leave Sensytivity - Ground Filtering - Frequency - Tx Boost (others to taste).
Set up so that when the V3 Power ON, Rx Gain = 5, Tx Boost = OFF, AM = 65, Disc= 75.
Using Best Data Three Frequencies, 5.0Hz Band, Recovery 115 and SAT 10.
2 .- In the field of search:
ON V3.
Frequency Offset graduated.
On a clean, Ground Tracking I manually until it tight.
I note, with the probe Ground, ground mineralization.
I note, with the probe sensitivity, Rx Gain% recommended and signal ground, EMI, etc.
Rx upload everything and let me repeat Ground Tracking manually.
AM I climb everything that I can (usually 80/85), again manually Ground Tracking.
Disc upload everything that I can (usually 90/93), again manually Ground Tracking.
If I have to download because it is hot under a bit Rx Gain and try the DISC not less than 90.
In AutoTrack ON, several passes with the coil in the field to monitor the tracking, comparing the result Track Lock again and note that no change in sound when you lift the coil and remains stable (mineralization of the land may vary along the sweep of the coil. If tracking is constantly going up or down ... are telling us and we should do manually Ground Tracking a few steps away).
On the first objective locate deep, I find Ground Filter.
If everything is correct ... and good luck searching.
In the targets dubious, I try to change, through Live Controls, Best Data to 2.5kHz, or plugging and unplugging Tx Boost, or changing the Ground Filters. To try to get a more accurate reading VDI. Also remove some land and I pass the coil to achieve a more stable VDI, I decide whether to dig or not.
Well, roughly, this is what I do with my V3 and ... IT WORKS.
I hope this helps and if someone wants to explain the reason for this, I'll try.
Regards

Manuellar,
I just wanted to take the time to express my appreciation and thank you for taking so much time to write up this information. I am especially appreciative because I know first hand ( being a bit bi-lingual myself ) how difficult it can be for a person that uses a non-native language to try and get their point across. It is always a bit easier to understand another written language than speak or write it.

I read your write up three or four times now and upon each reading I understand a bit more of what you are saying.

Since I am new to the V3i I read everything and anything at all related to it. My intuition makes me believe that you know your machine very well. I am going to try some of your advice as soon as the weather here is a bit nicer.

With regard to your soil condition - you say it is low mineral. What do you consider 'low mineral' as far as VDI numbers?

Mike