PDA

View Full Version : 90mins and Done. Button for Lee.

OxShoeDrew
07-08-2013, 01:48 PM
Hi All, I've never been to such a target rich cellar hole. The only problem is after an hour and a half someone asked me if I had a permit to detect the land trust. He said he was the care taker and a board member. He kindly told me where to send my letter, but check out what I found in 90min (minus a few items I found with Dan last week)!
The button is a Charles Jennens British military. A few of the indians are in really nice shape. Thanks for looking, Drew

del
07-08-2013, 02:14 PM
sorry to hear about thats Drew , that site has lots of potential especially in the spring. that will give you plenty of time to get a response from the land trust board . hey if they refuse you , you could as a last resort maybe try to convince them to let you organize a paid hunt there . it could help them immensely on their annual taxes , money always makes these kinds of groups think about it more.

congrats on what you did find there .

Dan

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-08-2013, 07:21 PM
wow! hope they give you the green light! :crossfingers: cool button! can you explain the history on it?

OxShoeDrew
07-08-2013, 07:36 PM
Dan, I am going to write a letter, then I'll try a group thing. That would be fun. :yes:
Dave, I've found this button at the following website. It says it's a Napoleonic war general officer's button. :dontknow: ...some of these sites give misinformation though....I thought it to be later.
http://www.militaryheritage.com/button3.htm

Lodge Scent
07-09-2013, 07:05 PM
That must have been a hectic 90 minutes ! :wow:

RobW
07-12-2013, 11:01 AM
:shocked03:..in 90 min... :shocked03:...incredible..imagine what else is still there :daydream:

OxShoeDrew
07-12-2013, 01:26 PM
Thanks guys :waving: I guess I misrepresented 8/ ...or you guys don't read carefully lol I found the crotal, a wheat, an indian, syrup top, and a few buttons with Dan a few days before....the rest is from the site in question. Still lots in 90min though....for me anyway :grin:

Thiltzy
07-12-2013, 06:41 PM
:omg: I can't believe I missed this post. That must had been a heck of a 90 min dig. I would have been giddy with anticipation on digging every target. I hope you get back in there, awsome hunt :clapping:

coinnut
07-12-2013, 07:01 PM
Thanks guys :waving: I guess I misrepresented 8/ ...or you guys don't read carefully lol

Wow, you found all of that in 4 minutes? :shocked03: :shocked03: :shocked03: lol