PDA

View Full Version : Got a first today!

Bell-Two
07-08-2013, 06:34 PM
Sometimes you just have to revisit an old site, my nephew Paul's mom owns a house in town that is quite old, there also stood a Church on this site in the 1800's. We have hunted it in the past with only moderate results, the yard is littered with old square nails and other debris from the Church teardown. Yesterday Paul and his brother did a quick hunt and they found an Eagle Button, a large button with a Dutch seal on it and Paul found the only coin an 1861 Fatty Indian. He called me and suggested we hit it today. I went down after lunch and decided the only way to hunt it is with my Sunray Stealth X-8 coil, going extremely slow in TTF and to dig any high tone that repeated. The first thing I dug was a decorative piece which looks as though it may have came off a door. I was digging the next target when Paul showed up and he asked Have you found anything good? I just laughed and handed him the 1862 Fatty Indian that I just dug, I was in process of taking pictures when he came. This is the first fatty I have ever dug and strangely last night I had just e-mailed Terry and whining about it! We hunted a bit more and I found the twin to the decorative piece. A few clad coins, and bits of brass, aluminum and nails were the rest of the digs along with an old pair of calipers. Got more of the yard to cover, just got too hot to finish today.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHSa0ZXRcaQ&feature=em-share_video_user#ws]Hunting With Bell-Two #11:dontknow:/url]

del
07-08-2013, 06:42 PM
:wow: is your soil kind to them fatty's :smitten: :yes: they come out very rough a grainy looking here . congrats :clapping: :clapping:

coinnut
07-08-2013, 06:55 PM
Interesting pieces...could be door hardware of some sorts. Congrats on your first Fattie Indian :congrats: Yours cleaned up great. Most do not hold up so well.

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-08-2013, 07:26 PM
very nice IH! no clue on the iron pieces :confused: congrats on your 1st Fat Injun! maybe the rest went on a diet thats why they eluded you thus far? :thinkingabout: :rolleyes:

Thiltzy
07-08-2013, 07:38 PM
Great looking Fatty :wow: Nice cleaning job and gratz on a 1st for you

Lodge Scent
07-08-2013, 07:55 PM
Very cool find on the fatty :congrats: Maybe whining is the key to success lol

OxShoeDrew
07-08-2013, 08:11 PM
Looks a little churchy to me lol
Congrats on your first...of many! thumbsup01 :perfect10:

Tony Two-Cent
07-08-2013, 08:48 PM
Congrats on your first Fatty, Tony! |:cheering:

I'm still looking for my first. It's next on my bucket list. Hopefully it will happen someday. :crossfingers:

Yours looks like it cleaned up really well! Nice! :clapping:

I like the decorative pieces too, whatever they are.

Ill Digger
07-08-2013, 09:26 PM
:happydance01: Sweet find Tony!! |:cheering:
Congrats! :grin:
A Fatty is still on my To Find list too. :daydream:

milco
07-08-2013, 10:34 PM
Cool relics and congrats on the fatty!