PDA

View Full Version : End of heat wave hunt

bob_e99
07-09-2013, 02:01 PM
I haven’t been detecting for about two weeks now. The hot humid weather just took the starch out of me but today the temperature was down as was the humidity (although still present) so I hemmed and hawed about going out. When I finally decided, it was getting toward mid morning so I decided to try something really close to the house. I wasn’t expecting much but wanted to stretch my legs and get the detector swinging again. In addition to the clad I got a bit of luck and hit a nice Rosie and then a bit later a nice silver ring. Silver coins have been scarce of late and my ring count for this year is in the cellar, so it was especially pleasing to get back on track. :happy:

Thanks for looking.

del
07-09-2013, 02:24 PM
hey Bob congrats on the silver and turquoise ring and the Rosie |:cheering: |:cheering:

hopefully toward the end of August i'll be up in your neck of the woods and around Hampton beach . i'm looking toward meeting you and your son to do some detecting for a few hours anyway.

Dan

coinnut
07-09-2013, 06:35 PM
Glad you got your fix lol The heat and humidity really does knock you out :blackeye: I can feel it getting better and soon we can detect without sweating the minute we get out of the car lol Nice haul and very nice ring :clapping:

bob_e99
07-10-2013, 05:23 AM
Thanks guys for responding.

Dan: It would be great if you do get out this way. My son and I would enjoy meeting you. |:cheering:

z118
07-10-2013, 06:14 AM
That's a great hunt right there. That's a real nice silver ring. Looks like you forgot to post the pic with the nickels in it though... :poke:

lol

Congrats on getting out and some nice finds!

Dan: It would be great if you do get out this way. My son and I would enjoy meeting you. |:cheering:

Yep, just what he said!

Cheap Thrills
07-10-2013, 11:42 AM
It's good to see you're back on track with the Roosie and the cool silver ring . I found a thick silver band with those same sun markings . I wonder if the same Navajo craftsman made them ? |:cheering:

aloldstuff
07-10-2013, 11:52 AM
Suffering with a little heat is a small payment for the rosie and ring. :congrats: on getting out. Sure would be nice to meet up with you and your son plus Del in Hampton.

bob_e99
07-10-2013, 04:45 PM
Looks like you forgot to post the pic with the nickels in it though...

Yeah! It turns out we just don't lose nickels in this area :teasing:

It's good to see you're back on track with the Roosie and the cool silver ring . I found a thick silver band with those same sun markings . I wonder if the same Navajo craftsman made them ? |:cheering:

Must be a slow brain day/week 'cause it never occurred to me that it is native American. Nice observation and thank you for the info. I like the ring because unlike many I find, this one has some real substance to it. It really feels solid.

Suffering with a little heat is a small payment for the rosie and ring. :congrats: on getting out. Sure would be nice to meet up with you and your son plus Del in Hampton.

Yes, that would be very nice. I hope you can make it.