PDA

View Full Version : It's Good To Have A Friend!

Bell-Two
07-09-2013, 06:18 PM
It’s Good To Have A Friend

I went back to the old House-Church site where I found the 1862 Fatty Indian yesterday. It was hot 90 degrees and the sweat was dripping off my forehead. I was hoping to squeeze out another keeper or two between all the iron. After covering an area which I did not get much chance to hunt yesterday, I moved back towards the area where I found the Indian, I got a bouncy type of signal 20-12, 19-11 and once a 17-13. I decided to dig and was rewarded with a very nice 1937 Buffalo nickel. A few feet over a deep 17-42 turned out to be a six inch clad dime. The numbers on the E-Trac in this yard are a bit strange because of all the surrounding iron. About 20 minutes later I got a repeating 20-42 bouncing to a 17-42 in the other directions. I dug the target and my pinpointer sounded off and I could see the edge of a silver rim in the dirt. Taking it out I saw on the back “One Dime” I had my hopes up for my first ever Seated dime, turning it over I could see the lovely lady sitting on her chair! It was a very nice 1890 full liberty dime. I checked the hole and again the pinpointer sounded off, it had a friend in the hole, and another coin emerged and my heart jumped because I saw another silver edge, unbelievably it was another Seated Liberty dime! This one is a worn 1862 but it looked great to me! The 1862 is a low mintage coin with only 847,000 being minted! Wow finally found my first Seated Dime and it turns out to be a coin spill with two of them!

coinnut
07-09-2013, 06:42 PM
WOW is all I can say :shocked04: :shocked04: Congrats on you first duel Seated coin(s) <: I can actually still feel the excitement, even in print lol You should be on cloud 9 for a while.

Lodge Scent
07-09-2013, 07:02 PM
:congrats: I am not sure what is rarer...dual seated dimes or a dug buff with nice details ! Both are nice digs.

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-09-2013, 07:13 PM
nice pair of twin ladies! thumbsup01

del
07-10-2013, 02:27 AM
:wow: very nice double seated |:confused:) great hunt and great pictures too |:cheering: |:cheering:

Tony Two-Cent
07-10-2013, 07:39 AM
How awesome is that?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wow:

Congrats on your first seated dime, Tony! Not one but TWO of them! A seated spill is a rare discovery indeed!

:perfect10: :perfect10:

POKIE73
07-10-2013, 08:16 AM
like tony two cent said one is a great find but two is awsome congrats on a fantastic hunt dennis :perfect10: :perfect10:

aloldstuff
07-10-2013, 11:56 AM
What a great find, seated with friends. :congrats: on digging these up.

Full Metal Digger
07-10-2013, 04:02 PM
Congratulations Tony on 3 AMAZING coins! I'm really happy for you to have found two seated dimes in the same hole! I hope you find lots more there. HH, Dave.

Cheap Thrills
07-10-2013, 04:29 PM
Congratulations Sir ! :wow: |:cheering:

Thiltzy
07-10-2013, 05:59 PM
One of the better pocket spills I have seen. Two seated spill is a day to remember :loveit: Gratz on your 1st seated

fsa46
07-11-2013, 06:01 AM
:wow: :omg: :congrats: on an amazing hunt.

maxamike
07-11-2013, 11:19 AM
Congrats on a great find!!! That had to be amazing to find two seated coins in one hole.

swamp yankee
07-17-2013, 07:21 PM
It’s Good To Have A Friend

I went back to the old House-Church site where I found the 1862 Fatty Indian yesterday. It was hot 90 degrees and the sweat was dripping off my forehead. I was hoping to squeeze out another keeper or two between all the iron. After covering an area which I did not get much chance to hunt yesterday, I moved back towards the area where I found the Indian, I got a bouncy type of signal 20-12, 19-11 and once a 17-13. I decided to dig and was rewarded with a very nice 1937 Buffalo nickel. A few feet over a deep 17-42 turned out to be a six inch clad dime. The numbers on the E-Trac in this yard are a bit strange because of all the surrounding iron. About 20 minutes later I got a repeating 20-42 bouncing to a 17-42 in the other directions. I dug the target and my pinpointer sounded off and I could see the edge of a silver rim in the dirt. Taking it out I saw on the back “One Dime” I had my hopes up for my first ever Seated dime, turning it over I could see the lovely lady sitting on her chair! It was a very nice 1890 full liberty dime. I checked the hole and again the pinpointer sounded off, it had a friend in the hole, and another coin emerged and my heart jumped because I saw another silver edge, unbelievably it was another Seated Liberty dime! This one is a worn 1862 but it looked great to me! The 1862 is a low mintage coin with only 847,000 being minted! Wow finally found my first Seated Dime and it turns out to be a coin spill with two of them!
Congrats on the twofer on the seated dimes and the great looking buffalo,keep it up and check all the iffy signals to get the exotic stuff 1/2 dimes/3cent silvers too!best of luck and keep the water coming during the heat!HH.....

milco
07-20-2013, 07:18 PM
Awesome seated dime spill! Congrats on your first x 2!!!

Sal66
07-22-2013, 02:03 AM
:congrats: Wow that's a great story and the coins are GREAT ! Worn or not, that's a low mintage on the 1862. The Buffalo Nickel came out great also. I've never found one in such nice shape, usually their rusty or very dark brown. Did you clean it and how? I've been trying to figure out how to clean dug Nickels for a long time and can't seem to get it right.
Sal :)

Bell-Two
07-22-2013, 07:33 AM
:congrats: Wow that's a great story and the coins are GREAT ! Worn or not, that's a low mintage on the 1862. The Buffalo Nickel came out great also. I've never found one in such nice shape, usually their rusty or very dark brown. Did you clean it and how? I've been trying to figure out how to clean dug Nickels for a long time and can't seem to get it right.
Sal :)

Just some soap and water on this one, all the coins from here seem to come out pretty good. Now on really cruddy ones that are not a key date a SOS pad will clean it up and give you detail.