PDA

View Full Version : sault ste marie michigan

michmark
07-10-2013, 05:42 AM
i was thinking about detecting a city park in sault mich. while on vacation so i looked up the rules online and turns out metal detecting in city parks is allowed but! you are only allowed to pick up surface finds no digging allowed what kinda B.S. is that! can anyone on here tell me if they actually enforce that rule or is that just to cover there butts if some slob doesnt fill his holes

aloldstuff
07-10-2013, 06:25 PM
I would follow the rules as stated. We have a park here in town that is not city owned and they will allow you to detect but no digging.....surface finds only.

If their rules are not to your liking I would suggest checking some neighboring towns or do some door knocking and get yourself some private property to detect.

coinnut
07-10-2013, 08:12 PM
Unfortunately that is the way things are going these days. Other than finding another place, I would suggest that one day when you are calm lol go to the town hall and ask to speak to the Selectmen or Mayor or what ever they have there and politely ask them why that is. I would love to hear the explanation. :confused: