PDA

View Full Version : Excellent Evening Hunt

z118
07-10-2013, 09:33 PM
I was able to get out today for a nice evening hunt. I was hoping to have a few hours but it was a busy day and I didn't get started until 7pm. I headed to a new spot that seemed like it might have potential. My first target rang up around 12-36 and sounded like a wheat penny - sure enough, it was a '37 wheat. My second target was a neat Corbin key. And my third target sounded much too good to be true so I figured it was a shallow clad quarter. I was quite pleased when it turned out to be a '64 Washington. At that point I was pretty excited about this spot. The next 30 minutes proved uneventful though other than a few clad coins. I started to wander back to my car when I got a nice coin tone around 12-43. I was surprised when it turned out to be a well worn 1899 Barber dime. I can't ask for much more than that out of a short evening hunt, and I'm very happy that I have much more ground at this spot to cover. Hopefully there are more goodies to be had.

Happy hunting!

bob_e99
07-11-2013, 05:45 AM
:shocked03:

That is pretty good for a short hunt. These new places are really working out for you.

:congrats: on the silver with a big |:cheering: for the Barber dime.

Tony Two-Cent
07-11-2013, 08:51 AM
You can't do much better than that on a short evening hunt! |:cheering:

That 1964 Washington looks brand new! And it's always a thrill to find a Barber Dime! :yes:

:congrats:

Thiltzy
07-11-2013, 09:41 AM
Great short hunt

swamp yankee
07-11-2013, 03:16 PM
I was able to get out today for a nice evening hunt. I was hoping to have a few hours but it was a busy day and I didn't get started until 7pm. I headed to a new spot that seemed like it might have potential. My first target rang up around 12-36 and sounded like a wheat penny - sure enough, it was a '37 wheat. My second target was a neat Corbin key. And my third target sounded much too good to be true so I figured it was a shallow clad quarter. I was quite pleased when it turned out to be a '64 Washington. At that point I was pretty excited about this spot. The next 30 minutes proved uneventful though other than a few clad coins. I started to wander back to my car when I got a nice coin tone around 12-43. I was surprised when it turned out to be a well worn 1899 Barber dime. I can't ask for much more than that out of a short evening hunt, and I'm very happy that I have much more ground at this spot to cover. Hopefully there are more goodies to be had.

Happy hunting!
Congrats on a great haul, the quarter looks like it just came out of the press! HH....

Cheap Thrills
07-11-2013, 04:09 PM
Great hunt ,I hope you get more from your new spot . :crossfingers: :beerbuddy:

coinnut
07-11-2013, 08:28 PM
Great short hunt. I always love Barber dimes. :drool: Can't get enough of them. Hope the second hunt there comes soon....no pressure though lol

OxShoeDrew
07-12-2013, 06:03 AM
Some nice, quick diggin there :yes:

tanacat
07-12-2013, 07:38 AM
Nice finds! Congrats on the silver and key |:cheering:

aloldstuff
07-15-2013, 05:31 AM
What a great short hunt. The key is very cool but also getting a Barber dime and that beautiful 1964 Wash is :perfect10:. Hope that spot can give you some more keepers.