PDA

View Full Version : July 13th schoolyard hunt - got my first CW Infantry button today

giant056
07-13-2013, 11:40 AM
I just love it when this Michigan dirt throws me a curve ball, I sure wasn't ever expecting to find the button, it just goes to show you that all that dirt is old. It was no less than 10 inches down too, I came to the conclusion it was non ferrous and deep so I dug it. I think the other keeper that I found is a watch winder but I really don't know for sure.

dave in iowa
07-13-2013, 11:50 AM
very nice button
|:cheering:

OxShoeDrew
07-13-2013, 02:03 PM
Congrats! Awesome cleaning and pics :yes:

coinnut
07-13-2013, 02:19 PM
Nice finds thumbsup01 That button cleaned up beautifully :loveit: I'm not sure on the watch winder, all the ones I have found are tiny compared to yours. The school must have brought in some fill dirt?

giant056
07-13-2013, 06:03 PM
Nice finds thumbsup01 That button cleaned up beautifully :loveit: I'm not sure on the watch winder, all the ones I have found are tiny compared to yours. The school must have brought in some fill dirt?

I really don't know about fill dirt but it's all flat land and I was also told that there was an old log cabin that was located on the property in the 1800's, I have made quite a few old finds there. Here's another button that I found there back in January this year, it's older than the CW button

coinnut
07-13-2013, 07:00 PM
I really don't know about fill dirt but it's all flat land and I was also told that there was an old log cabin that was located on the property in the 1800's, I have made quite a few old finds there. Here's another button that I found there back in January this year, it's older than the CW button

Well that explains the excellent finds from there. That other button is :drool: Some very nice finds for your collection.

del
07-13-2013, 09:27 PM
Hey Larry , always great to see you over here on this forum :yes: very nice infantry button :smitten: sir. my congrats to you |:cheering: |:cheering:

aloldstuff
07-15-2013, 05:25 AM
:congrats: on getting that button, the gilt that is left on it is great. I can truly believe your statement about all the dirt is old. That other button you found is also a beaut. |:cheering:

Tony Two-Cent
07-15-2013, 07:57 AM
What a beautiful Infantry button! :loveit:

Very nice that so much gilt is left on it!

You made the correct decision to dig that 10 deep non-ferrous signal. When I get a signal like that I always dig it, even if it isn't a typical coin signal.

:congrats:

giant056
07-16-2013, 05:08 AM
When I get a signal like that I always dig it, even if it isn't a typical coin signal.

Tony when I get a signal like that I'm the same way, plus the fact of all the older finds that I've found in this particular schoolyard. I've also found some other fantastic finds in this schoolyard besides really old stuff but I love it when something really old pops out. I should have looked up all the finds that I have made at this spot when I first posted this thread. Last year around the middle of summer is when I really got hooked on this spot because I dug a large cent there which was the first LC that I had dug in quite some time. Earlier this year I also dug a CW token that really got me going as well and it was in the same area that I found the CW button.

I found this one in March this year.

pulltabsteve
07-16-2013, 01:25 PM
Awesome stuff Larry!!!! Great to see those fantastic photos again |:cheering: :waving:

Epi-hunter
08-05-2013, 11:22 PM
Amazing finds!!! I love the buttons! Really nice :omg: :perfect10:

Mudder
08-08-2013, 08:26 PM
Way to go Larry. The button is something else. :clapping: :clapping: