PDA

View Full Version : Old guy new to this forum

Rudy
07-15-2013, 06:43 PM
Hi, just wanted to drop by and catch up with some old friends ... and perhaps make some new ones.

del
07-15-2013, 06:49 PM
Welcome to American Detectorist Rudy :waving: , its very nice to see you here and I hope you visit often. :yes:

Dan

Tony Two-Cent
07-15-2013, 06:51 PM
Hi Rudy! :waving:

I don't know you from other forums like some members here, but I have heard nothing but good things about you.

Glad to see you here! Count me as a new friend. :yes:

Tony

Ill Digger
07-15-2013, 08:13 PM
:yes: Oh yeah! I'd recognize that face anywhere! :hysterical:
Good to see ya here Rudy! thumbsup01
Welcome to the forum from the cornfields of Illinois! :waving:

Rudy
07-15-2013, 08:16 PM
:wow: Thanks guys. You rock!

Epi-hunter
07-15-2013, 08:48 PM
OMG! Rudy!!! :omg:

It's so great to see you here! :happy: Have missed you, my friend! :bananadance:

Rudy
07-15-2013, 10:36 PM
OMG! Rudy!!! :omg:

It's so great to see you here! :happy: Have missed you, my friend! :bananadance:

Hey Ang, told you I'd make it over when I found some spare time. :groovy:

Got any good proctologist jokes? :angelic:

aloldstuff
07-16-2013, 04:55 AM
Hello Rudy,

Don't know you but it seems that a lot of other members do. Glad you found us here and looking forward to your future posts.

Al

Lowjiber
07-16-2013, 05:34 AM
Welcome old friend. :waving:

coinnut
07-16-2013, 08:19 AM
Hey Rudy, love the bag. That is about as anonymous as it get on the internet lol Maybe Angie can share some of them jokes with us. :dontknow:

Epi-hunter
07-16-2013, 08:42 AM
Got any good proctologist jokes? :angelic:

Always the troublemaker lol

Watch out, or I'll start regaling you with the various adventures in my life the way I used to. And trust me, you really don't want that! lol

Rudy
07-16-2013, 11:25 AM
Hello all. A lot of old faces here.

Hey John, nice to see you. How are things in Vegas? I moved to Beaumont and it's been miserably hot here. Was at Palm Desert the other day and the temperature was 124. Thank goodness for the invention of automotive air conditioning!

Ang, I knew a Jamaican proctologist name Pokee Man, maybe you met him? :hysterical:

Epi-hunter
07-16-2013, 12:41 PM
Ang, I knew a Jamaican proctologist name Pokee Man, maybe you met him? :hysterical:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: lol

For those of you who are wondering where this little segueway came from, I mentioned to Rudy that I was dating a cardiologist, and somehow that led us into the land of proctologist jokes. rofl (Jeez, I hope he isn't reading this...) :cheesysmile: lol

I remember when we used to have our posting contests on who could come up with the most complex and difficult word. Do you happen to play Words with Friends? Because if you do, I would like to officially beat you. :poke: :hysterical:

Diggler
07-16-2013, 01:01 PM
Wow I have more posts than Rudy!

Rudy
07-16-2013, 05:05 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: lol

For those of you who are wondering where this little segueway came from, I mentioned to Rudy that I'm currently dating a cardiologist, and somehow that led us into the land of proctologist jokes. rofl (Jeez, I hope he isn't reading this...) :cheesysmile: lol

I remember when we used to have our posting contests on who could come up with the most complex and difficult word. Do you happen to play Words with Friends? Because if you do, I would like to officially beat you. :poke: :hysterical:

Oh but I am reading this. Or, did you mean the cardioman? :tongue:

Difficult words? How about:
Floccinaucinihilipilification; an instant winner in scrabble, being one letter longer than the commonly cited antidisestablishmentarianism. :confused:

It means: The act of describing something as unimportant, of having no value or being worthless.

My favorite though is frisbeetarianism. The philosophy that when you die, your soul goes up on a roof and gets stuck there (word invented by George Carlin). :rolleyes:

Hey Diggler, give me a break. I just registered. :waving:

OxShoeDrew
07-16-2013, 06:21 PM
Count me as a new friend too Rudy :waving: I'm glad you reconnected with your old friends. ...and they ARE old :grin:

Rudy
07-16-2013, 06:52 PM
Count me as a new friend too Rudy :waving: I'm glad you reconnected with your old friends. ...and they ARE old :grin:

Yes we are, except for Epi of course. :needadrink:

Epi-hunter
07-16-2013, 09:29 PM
No fair.... It's against the rules to sleep with a thesaurus under your pillow - which is clearly what you've been doing :shocked04: lol

Yes we are, except for Epi of course. :needadrink:

You must be referring to someone else because Epi turns 49 in two months! :crying02:

The other day I got something in the mail from AARP! :shocked04:verreaction: I threw it right in the dumpster - it didn't even make it into the house lol rofl Nasty thing!!

Is Beaumont anywhere near Berkeley? My son is moving there in a couple of weeks to attend UC Berkeley

milco
07-16-2013, 10:07 PM
Welcome to AD Rudy!

Rudy
07-16-2013, 10:22 PM
No fair.... It's against the rules to sleep with a thesaurus under your pillow - which is clearly what you've been doing :shocked04: lol

You must be referring to someone else because Epi turns 49 in two months! :crying02:

The other day I got something in the mail from AARP! :shocked04:verreaction: I threw it right in the dumpster - it didn't even make it into the house lol rofl Nasty thing!!

Is Beaumont anywhere near Berkeley? My son is moving there in a couple of weeks to attend UC Berkeley

49? Why, I could be your father, you youngster.

Don't buy into any AARP insurance or annuity. If you do a little work, you can almost always find it for less.

Beaumont Ca lies between L. A. and Palm Springs. Quite a bit South from Berkeley and the nice cool weather they have there. Fourth of July weekend we drove down to Palm Springs and Palm Desert, about a 30 min drive from Beaumont. When we stopped for some lunch in Palm Desert at around 11:30am, the temperature was 124. Definitely not detecting weather.

Hey, that's great about your son! What's he planning on majoring on? If you remember, my son also went there.

Rudy
07-16-2013, 10:26 PM
Welcome to AD Rudy!

Thanks Milco.

Lowjiber
07-17-2013, 05:58 AM
I just saw Exhaustipated... too old to give a $#xx. (Well, you figure out the last word.)

Rudy
07-17-2013, 09:04 AM
I just saw Exhaustipated... too old to give a $#xx. (Well, you figure out the last word.)

Hey John, looks to me like a cross of exhausted and constipated. At our age, there is one
thing you must remember: Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative
on the same night. :poke:

SeabeeRon
07-17-2013, 01:51 PM
Rudy, Rudy, Rudy...took you long enough! :poke: :boxing:

Epi-hunter
07-17-2013, 06:01 PM
Hey, that's great about your son! What's he planning on majoring on? If you remember, my son also went there.

Thanks :) Actually I had forgotten that your son went there until you mentioned it.

He's majoring in computer engineering. UC Berkeley is pretty much tied with MIT for for being the #1 college in the country for computer engineering, and those were the two main schools he was choosing from.

He took all the AP courses he could in high school in all different subject areas and took the AP tests for college credit and did very well.... probably tested out of almost a full year. So he will hit the ground running. He is also working for a Berkeley-based company as a programmer (from home) and has been doing that for the past year, and wants to keep doing that. He gets a lot of work from that company so he will be a busy boy.

If you have any pearls of wisdom based on your experiences with UC Berkeley or the town itself, please pass them along. He's very independent but it still worries me that he's going to be thousands of miles away from family. :-\

Epi-hunter
07-17-2013, 06:07 PM
Rudy, Rudy, Rudy...took you long enough! :poke: :boxing:

That's what I've been telling him Ron! thumbsup01

Rudy
07-17-2013, 07:47 PM
Hey Ron, long time no see buddy. :groovy:

Feels nice being a mere mortal on a forum. <}

He's majoring in computer engineering. UC Berkeley is pretty much tied with MIT for for being the #1 college in the country for computer engineering, and those were the two main schools he was choosing from.

He took all the AP courses he could in high school in all different subject areas and took the AP tests for college credit and did very well.... probably tested out of almost a full year. So he will hit the ground running. He is also working for a Berkeley-based company as a programmer (from home) and has been doing that for the past year, and wants to keep doing that. He gets a lot of work from that company so he will be a busy boy.

If you have any pearls of wisdom based on your experiences with UC Berkeley or the town itself, please pass them along. He's very independent but it still worries me that he's going to be thousands of miles away from family. :-\

Hopefully he'll be in one of the newer dorms, like those in Foothill. There are some areas surrounding the campus that are kind of ... funky, reminiscent of the 60's hippie-dom. Like Telegraph Ave near the campus, and others where he shouldn't be out at night by himself (mostly on the north-east side of the campus). But the campus itself is pretty safe.

Yes, Berkeley is tops in Computer Science and also one of the top three in Math which is what my son majored in.

Lowjiber
07-18-2013, 06:52 AM
Dana used to work in Berkeley. You gotta watch the parking tickets. They're terrible.

pulltabsteve
07-18-2013, 01:19 PM
Did you get a bag lift? You look different. :->

Rudy
07-18-2013, 04:18 PM
Did you get a bag lift? You look different. :->

rofl

Same old bag Steve, except on Sundays I wear this one:

[attachimg=1]

Boulder
07-19-2013, 10:03 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum, from North Jersey.

Rudy
07-19-2013, 10:56 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum, from North Jersey.

Thanks Boulder

Epi-hunter
07-21-2013, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the Berkeley tips. I think he will be getting his dorm assignment shortly.

I remember seeing some of the math your son was doing. Just looking at it gave me a headache.... :omg: lol Clearly he got your smart genes!

Rudy
07-21-2013, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the Berkeley tips. I think he will be getting his dorm assignment shortly.

I remember seeing some of the math your son was doing. Just looking at it gave me a headache.... :omg: lol Clearly he got your smart genes!

Heck, it gives me a headache and I was the one that helped him with his math homework when he was in HS. :hammer:

Mudder
07-24-2013, 09:25 PM
Hi Rudy, and welcome from Southern Mississippi. The 124 degree temp is nice, want to try some of my 95% humidity? In any case it looks as if the forum will be a lot more fun from now on. Even Epi seems to be having more fun :hairpulling: 8/ >:#, can't you tell?

Rudy
07-24-2013, 10:07 PM
Hi Rudy, and welcome from Southern Mississippi. The 124 degree temp is nice, want to try some of my 95% humidity? In any case it looks as if the forum will be a lot more fun from now on. Even Epi seems to be having more fun :hairpulling: 8/ >:#, can't you tell?

Thanks for the welcome Mudder. I hear you on the humidity. They are both bad, specially together.

Oh yeah, I hope Epi gets all the fun she deserves. :bananadance: happydance02
I am searching Yelp right now for a proctologist that lives near her. :grin:

jkress
07-26-2013, 02:21 AM
... I'm late. crying01 But welcome over here Rudy. ;) :clapping:

My first posts and interests were on your side. :beerbuddy:

Rudy
07-26-2013, 09:55 AM
... I'm late. crying01 But welcome over here Rudy. ;) :clapping:

My first posts and interests were on your side. :beerbuddy:

Thanks for the welcome jkres. My side? Oh, you meant the other forum?

tanacat
07-26-2013, 11:18 AM
Hi Rudy :waving: I'm a little late on your welcome too - I think you may have the longest ongoing welcome thread in AD history. Popular guy, you are! lol

Rudy
07-26-2013, 11:56 AM
Hi Rudy :waving: I'm a little late on your welcome too - I think you may have the longest ongoing welcome thread in AD history. Popular guy, you are! lol

Hi Tanacat,

Late welcomers are always welcome. :angelic:

Fire Fighter 43
08-03-2013, 07:55 AM
Welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin.

Rudy
08-03-2013, 09:18 AM
Welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin.

Thank you Fire Fighter. Living here in Beaumont, in So Cal and having had several humongous fires in the neighborhood this summer, I have a lot of respect for fire fighters. :perfect10:

http://inciweb.org/incident/3516/
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/07/20/southern-california-wildfires-grows-large-enough-to-create-its-own-dangerous-weather-conditions/