PDA

View Full Version : Some things never change

Epi-hunter
07-17-2013, 06:29 PM
I finally upgraded to the iPhone 5 yesterday after using my 4s (cracked and literally held together with scotch tape) in that dysfunctional state for the last six months.

And I DROPPED IT ON THE CEMENT TODAY! Less than 24 hours! :crying02: :crying02: :girlcry:

del
07-17-2013, 06:37 PM
[size=1:crazy:t]Ouch !!! >:#

Rudy
07-17-2013, 07:33 PM
I finally upgraded to the iPhone 5 yesterday after using my 4s (cracked and literally held together with scotch tape) in that dysfunctional state for the last six months.

And I DROPPED IT ON THE CEMENT TODAY! Less than 24 hours! :crying02: :crying02: :girlcry:

Ooops! Wonder if it would be covered by your homeowners insurance.

coinnut
07-17-2013, 08:33 PM

I got to be careful on this one :-\........................ rofl :hysterical: 8/ 8/ I guess that wasn't so good was it >8) That sucks Angie. Did it actually break?

Lowjiber
07-18-2013, 06:49 AM
I keep my iPhone 5 in one of those thick rubber cases. I've dropped it several times in the past couple of years, and it keeps on ticking.

pulltabsteve
07-18-2013, 11:07 AM
I bet you let out a few not so nice words |:cheering: Hope the phone is not too damaged.

OxShoeDrew
07-18-2013, 11:23 AM
Sorry about that. As John mentioned, maybe a otterbox would be helpful.

SeabeeRon
07-19-2013, 06:05 PM
I keep my iPhone 5 in one of those thick rubber cases. I've dropped it several times in the past couple of years, and it keeps on ticking.

I have the 4S and I also use the Otter Box, works great and keeps the sand out when I'm at the beach! :cool:

POKIE73
07-20-2013, 05:34 AM
i also have the 4s and i have the otterbox to protect it plus a grandkid to show old grandpa how to use it good luck with your new phone dennis

Epi-hunter
07-21-2013, 08:45 PM
I had the otter box on my 4s for over a year, then the otterbox broke somehow ( :rolleyes: :embarrassed: ) so I took it off and that's when my 4s bit the dust.

I am hard on phones... I have lost many, dropped MANY, left several on top of my car and then drove off, even dropped one in a mud puddle in pouring rain in a parking lot and then backed over it. :rolleyes:

The otter box seems to defeat the purpose of the slimness and lightness of the 5.

Thanks for the sympathies everyone! Yes, it did crack. :crying02:

RobW
07-22-2013, 01:02 PM
Did you get the insurance...or are you as cheap as I am and went without it.....? rofl

Rudy
07-22-2013, 05:32 PM
I had the otter box on my 4s for over a year, then the otterbox broke somehow ( :rolleyes: :embarrassed: ) so I took it off and that's when my 4s bit the dust.

I am hard on phones... I have lost many, dropped MANY, left several on top of my car and then drove off, even dropped one in a mud puddle in pouring rain in a parking lot and then backed over it. :rolleyes:

The otter box seems to defeat the purpose of the slimness and lightness of the 5.

Thanks for the sympathies everyone! Yes, it did crack. :crying02:

We should rename you Epi the Destroyer. :teasing:

And, of course, a new avatar to go with it.
http://www.mergerecords.com/presskits/MRG319/images/mini/319_destroyer_tn.jpg

tanacat
07-24-2013, 08:26 PM
So sorry to hear this Angie :crying02:

I admit I don't use a case either, taking chance-have one scratch so far w/couple lucky harmless drops.

Yep, I agree with the slimness factor :yes: to put in pocket (don't like to carry purse)...

Epi-hunter
07-27-2013, 05:30 PM
We should rename you Epi the Destroyer. :teasing:

And, of course, a new avatar to go with it.
http://www.mergerecords.com/presskits/MRG319/images/mini/319_destroyer_tn.jpg

I missed this lol

No, I think not! :bop: :behave: lol

Rudy
07-27-2013, 09:11 PM
I missed this lol

No, I think not! :bop: :behave: lol

I thought it had a certain ring to it. :callme:

lcoutback
08-10-2013, 10:56 AM
Soon available in fall colors! <}

[attachimg=1]

lcoutback
08-10-2013, 10:59 AM
Take two...

del
08-10-2013, 04:17 PM
Take two...

<} rofl rofl lol :omg: rofl lol :-> :->

coinnut
08-10-2013, 04:52 PM
Nope, won't work. She will just break the strap before the phone :dontknow:

lcoutback
08-10-2013, 05:06 PM

Maybe a design improvement is in order, shoulder straps in addition to the neck strap? Tough to keep that fashionable looking... :blackeye:

SeabeeRon
08-10-2013, 07:10 PM
Icoutback, that Epi Strap is hilarious!! I can tell you are going to fit in well here!! rofl :hysterical:

Epi-hunter
08-12-2013, 07:40 PM
lol lol I have to admit, that is funny rofl

But still. :boxing: :beatdown:

Let's see... who should I address first?

Take two...

You, of course! :poke:

Two can play at that game, you know. Just wait and see what accessories I have in mind to design for you! >8) :bananadance:

<} rofl rofl lol :omg: rofl lol :-> :->

I want the company cars back. lol

Icoutback, that Epi Strap is hilarious!! I can tell you are going to fit in well here!! rofl :hysterical:

Hey Ron, I thought you were on my side! lol

del
08-12-2013, 08:10 PM
I want the company cars back. lol

lol lol :shocked03: :crying02: :girlcry: looks like were car-pooling again on my vespa George ;)

CyberSage
08-13-2013, 06:16 PM
Carrying an iPhone can be very difficult due to there unusually small size. :kiss: I don't find this a funny matter at all. I am very sorry about your iPhone. :kiss: Is there anything I can do to help you out? :kiss:

P.S. Can I have a company car, since you have a few extra now? :grin:

Epi-hunter
08-13-2013, 11:31 PM
P.S. Can I have a company car, since you have a few extra now? :grin:

Sure, if you don't mind a 1985 Yugo. You have a choice between rust, and rustier. Those two really drove them into the ground though. :omg: So I can't guarantee their condition. I'll leave one in your driveway for you.

Heck, I'll leave one for your wife too! :beerbuddy:

del
08-14-2013, 12:14 AM
Sure, if you don't mind a 1985 Yugo. You have a choice between rust, and rustier. Those two really drove them into the ground though. :omg: So I can't guarantee their condition. I'll leave one in your driveway for you.

George's was the pretty pink one , Jack :grin:

lcoutback
08-14-2013, 12:27 AM
Gee, I invest all this time and resource in my effort to improve someone's life, and it results in a distribution of perks... sorry guys! :-\

del
08-14-2013, 03:00 AM
Gee, I invest all this time and resource in my effort to improve someone's life, and it results in a distribution of perks... sorry guys! :-\

A redistribution of perks , hey its gotten better atleast we're not forced to wear them tight degrading chippendales outfits around the office anymore . |:cheering:

CyberSage
08-14-2013, 07:15 AM

uh? thanks... I think. lol

A redistribution of perks , hey its gotten better atleast we're not forced to wear them tight degrading chippendales outfits around the office anymore . |:cheering:

rofl rofl rofl

Lowjiber
08-15-2013, 06:09 AM
A redistribution of perks , hey its gotten better at least we're not forced to wear them tight degrading chippendales outfits around the office anymore . |:cheering:

Epi still makes ME wear one.

lcoutback
08-15-2013, 09:15 AM

Guys, I'm getting nervous! :shocked04:stretcher: What am I walking into here? I thought the outfits were only required on 'special' holidays? :embarrassed:

I may need to revise the design of the Epi-Strap. :daydream: Maybe include a pull-down loin cloth? :dontknow: