PDA

View Full Version : My DFXonly hunt

Ill Digger
05-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Well we made the trip to Ohio this weekend, to the DFXonly.com's, Annual Tom Weaver Memorial Hunt . It was held at a Boy Scout camp. There were lots of silver cois found and of course all sorts of Boy Scout paraphernalia among other things. Even though I didn't come away with any silver,Hoser you were right :yes:, it was a great time!!It was really nice to finally get a chance meet and hunt with a few fellow forum members! Tanacat and I ran into each other in one of the camp sites and got a chance to hunt around and chit chat a little . That was cool thumbsup01 You are a roit girl!! lol Sorry I miss pronounced your name....twice :embarrassed: lol
Also got to meet Magic and Magic's Girl, Yazoo, FireFighter, Schreckey, SheepLady and a few others I probably can't think of right now...sorry guys.
So on to my finds...I dug 222 coins for a grand total of $15.08. No silver, but I had a little heart stopper when I found a gold plated religious medalion. It's a good plate job, but it's not solid. I dawned on me when I seen it was gold and it came in as a penny. I also found a cool little turtle pendent too. It came out of the ground pretty shiny :mad: and of course some Boy Scout gear.
Can't wait to do it again !!
HH :grin:

coinnut
05-04-2010, 11:24 AM
Wow that's a lot of digging lol That place was loaded with clad! Tana said she had a good time also. I bet it was fun detecting with some of the crew here. Glad you had a chance to meet with them and I bet it will probably be just as much fun next year!! No silver, but a lot of memories :yes:

Epi-hunter
05-04-2010, 11:30 AM
How do you mispronounce 'Tana'? lol

That is a lot of digging! Sounds like all of you had a great time. Great photos!

Somehow I already realize this is probably a stupid question, but here goes. Did you really find a knife/corkscrew with the White's logo on it? :confused:

Ill Digger
05-04-2010, 11:48 AM

That is a lot of digging! Sounds like all of you had a great time. Great photos!

Somehow I already realize this is probably a stupid question, but here goes. Did you really find a knife/corkscrew with the White's logo on it? :confused:
lol rofl
OK let me try to explain this.....I have always read her name as.... Tan-a ,but she pronounces it T-awna. One thing we can't read is a persons reginal accent. So I said it how I've been reading it lol
Angie there are no stupid questions. I forgot to mention the knife. That was a door price that was donated by one of DFXonly's sponsers, either White's or Jimmy Sierra I'm not sure. It was funny I was telling the guy behind me ,when they held up the knife before they drew my name,Now that I wouldn't mind winning. And then they said my name lol thumbsup01

Ill Digger
05-04-2010, 11:51 AM
No silver, but a lot of memories :yes:
Yep :yes:....if it wasn't for those it'd probably be pretty bummed.
Alot of good memories!! :grin:

coinnut
05-04-2010, 12:03 PM
lol rofl
OK let me try to explain this.....I have always read her name as.... Tan-a ,but she pronounces it T-awna. One thing we can't read is a persons reginal accent. So I said it how I've been reading it lol

Yea I knew that :embarrassed: :embarrassed: OK I'm guilty too Tana, I mean Tawna lol

Ill Digger
05-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Yea I knew that :embarrassed: :embarrassed: OK I'm guilty too Tana, I mean Tawna lol
I guess it sounds like katana, you know , the sword or the motorcycle.

Here's a couple of shots at the Bob Evens and a couple from the parking lot of everyone getting geared up for the hike in Friday morning. :twirlingeyes:

hoser
05-04-2010, 04:20 PM
Thats a lot of ups and downs. Hows the knees holding out. rofl One thing about those camps is they hold a ton of clad. But thats just fine by me. Plus meeting all tose great people is an added bonus. Well done on all your finds. thumbsup01

Ill Digger
05-04-2010, 04:56 PM
Thats a lot of ups and downs. Hows the knees holding out. rofl One thing about those camps is they hold a ton of clad. But thats just fine by me. Plus meeting all tose great people is an added bonus. Well done on all your finds. thumbsup01
lol The knees are a little sore yet....gettin' better lol
Meeting all those great people was the best!
Can't wait till the next one!!
Thanks & HH :grin:

incomenet
05-04-2010, 06:53 PM
Nice finds Ill Digger. thumbsup01
Probably met you there, should have learned some peoples forum names. :embarrassed: There were alot of people I did recognize from different forums but never found the time to meet. Should have spent a little more time socializing, but just wanted to hunt. lol

Ill Digger
05-04-2010, 11:38 PM
Nice finds Ill Digger. thumbsup01
Probably met you there, should have learned some peoples forum names. :embarrassed: There were alot of people I did recognize from different forums but never found the time to meet. Should have spent a little more time socializing, but just wanted to hunt. lol
Thanks!!
I understand. Yep we met . We talked a few times briefly.
The last time was Saturday night .I think you guys were heading to the parking lot.
I was hunting in the camp below the pool and you guys stopped to chat a bit.
Nice meetin' you two !!
HH Tim :grin:
Oh and .......Welcome to the forum thumbsup01

tanacat
05-05-2010, 08:38 AM
I didn't know you found a belt buckle! Nice... and you found a slide. You kicked @#$$% in the clad totals!! And I thought my $5.38 or whatever was pretty good... What a cute little toy airplane, it was a necklace? Good pics! Hey guess what, I hunted some yesterday and found a sterling silver ring too! I found 5 wheaties + several '60 and '61 memorials in my mom's backyard and am determined to find some silver (surely a rosie :confused: ) back there! I will not give up! lol

:rolleyes: I get called tan-a all the time... like Timmy said (my parents) should've spelt it Tawna lol

Ill Digger
05-05-2010, 10:31 AM
I didn't know you found a belt buckle! Nice... and you found a slide. What a cute little toy airplane, it was a necklace?
Thanks Tana!!
Yeah I found the belt buckel, the metal belt tip, neckerchief slide,and the pocket knife all in a 5x5 area! I was starting to get a little worried to dig any deeper....I didn't want to start seeing bones next :shocked04: :shocked04:stretcher: And what I think your thinking is a airplane is my little SHAMU. It's a little killer whale pendant lol I was doing a little nite hunting (about 10:30-11) were I found the plated pendant when I found it. Here's a close up picture of Shamu and my finds from Monday :grin:

tanacat
05-05-2010, 02:13 PM
Thanks Tana!!
Yeah I found the belt buckel, the metal belt tip, neckerchief slide,and the pocket knife all in a 5x5 area! I was starting to get a little worried to dig any deeper....I didn't want to start seeing bones next :shocked04: :shocked04:stretcher: And what I think your thinking is a airplane is my little SHAMU. It's a little killer whale pendant lol I was doing a little nite hunting (about 10:30-11) were I found the plated pendant when I found it. Here's a close up picture of Shamu and my finds from Monday :grin:

WOW very nice rings!!! lol about the bones, I've thought about that before- finding gold or silver fillings still in someone's teeth, or a ring attached to a skeletal hand rofl