PDA

View Full Version : AT PRO OR AT GOLD:huh::huh:

Rondoutcreek
07-22-2013, 09:14 AM
Which does everyone prefer and what are the pros and cons . THANKS

Boulder
07-25-2013, 12:34 AM
If you don't hunt in saltwater and surf I would get the Pro-gold.
Just another pennies worth, John...

Tony Two-Cent
07-25-2013, 10:09 AM
The AT Pro and the AT Gold are similar machines, the biggest difference being their frequency.

The AT Pro is 15 kHz and the AT Gold is 18 kHz.

The 18 kHz frequency of the AT Gold makes it more suitable for finding tiny gold nuggets. (Hence the name AT Gold.)

If you are planning on prospecting for gold nuggets then I would consider getting the AT Gold, if you are only planning on hunting for coins, jewelry and relics then I would go with the less expensive AT Pro.

Rondoutcreek
07-25-2013, 10:13 AM
Are both about the same as far as hunting around iron infested cellar holes , THANKS

coinnut
07-25-2013, 06:24 PM
Are both about the same as far as hunting around iron infested cellar holes , THANKS

I think some people lean torward the gold for cellar hole hunting. It probably hits small items better because of the higher frequency. Since buttons are one of the better cellar hole finds, they probably lock in better with the gold.

Boulder
07-26-2013, 08:47 PM
The Garrett website may help with your decision. :dontknow:

AT Pro™ Metal Detector Highly Recommended - Coin Hunting, Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting, Cache Hunting, Prospecting, Ghost Town Hunting, Competition Events, Beach/Fresh Water Hunting -Ideal for use in both fresh and saltwater AT Pro will ground balance to saltwater.

AT Gold™ Metal Detector Highly Recommended - Prospecting, Coin, Jewelry, Cache Hunting, Relic Hunting, Organized Hunts and Shallow Fresh Water Hunting - Not recommended for saltwater use or surf hunting.

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_division_promotions_us.aspx

Big Boys Hobbies
11-04-2013, 03:08 PM
The AT Pro and the AT Gold are similar machines, the biggest difference being their frequency.

The 18 kHz frequency of the AT Gold makes it more suitable for finding tiny gold nuggets. (Hence the name AT Gold.)

If you are planning on prospecting for gold nuggets then I would consider getting the AT Gold, if you are only planning on hunting for coins, jewelry and relics then I would go with the less expensive AT Pro.

Great post! Holler with questions!

Power Guy
06-27-2014, 09:50 PM

Tony is correct. the big difference would be, what are you detecting for. If mainly gold then the AT Gold is your best bet. Other that that the AT pro will do exactly the same thing. (it will hit on gold but not as good as the AT gold)

Winmeek
06-29-2014, 07:19 PM
When hunting trashy sites I use the Pro which has adjustable discrimination. When going for maximum depth I get the Gold out and use all metal mode. The gold does hit on gold very hard, with a louder sound. I think the Pro hits on silver harder.

two bears
03-03-2015, 09:23 PM
For the small difference in dollars the gold is a better value and the ground balance window is priceless for deeper signals

leslie(nova scotia)
03-22-2015, 07:21 AM
Get both if in doubt...lol!