PDA

View Full Version : close shave

RaZR
07-22-2013, 03:39 PM
Well, sort of. Today the CTX hit on a barber dime that was only about 2 down next to a big tree. (barber = shave) :grin:
Also got 2 wheats a 1942-D and a mystery green wheat. Also a large heavy brass ring. The 1910 barber is only my third barber coin since I started. I got two dimes and one quarter. I have found more seated coins than barbers. :huh:

GL/HH

Tony Two-Cent
07-22-2013, 03:46 PM
Congrats on the Barber Dime! |:cheering:

Next to big trees is one of my favorite places to detect, especially if there is bare dirt around the base of the tree. For some reason I have found many old coins that are only 1 to 3 deep next to the base of big trees. Even at a hunted out park I can often find Indian Heads, Barbers, etc. around the bases of old trees.

I wish I had found more seated coins than Barbers!

OxShoeDrew
07-22-2013, 06:06 PM
100 year old silver is a good day :envious: Nicely done.

coinnut
07-22-2013, 06:22 PM
Nice find with the Barber. Being so shallow, I wonder if people thought it was just another clad lol I wish I had your Seated problem though ;)

RaZR
07-24-2013, 06:29 PM
Congrats on the Barber Dime! |:cheering:

Next to big trees is one of my favorite places to detect, especially if there is bare dirt around the base of the tree. For some reason I have found many old coins that are only 1 to 3 deep next to the base of big trees. Even at a hunted out park I can often find Indian Heads, Barbers, etc. around the bases of old trees.

I wish I had found more seated coins than Barbers!

You have found more barber coins just this year than all my barber and seated coins combined. Only three barbers and six seated in three years. crying01

aloldstuff
07-24-2013, 06:56 PM
Nice Barber, I also was in your situation....more seated than Barbers. :congrats: and I hope you can keep the number of seated more than that of the Barbers.

leslie(nova scotia)
08-03-2013, 06:37 AM
From the land of the Bluenose......nice finds and you made the cut and didn't get clipped! <;)

giant056
08-04-2013, 06:04 AM
Great score on the barber dime thumbsup01