PDA

View Full Version : Midsummer Week of Digs

z118
07-22-2013, 09:28 PM
I didn't get in as much digging as I would have liked over the past week or so... but then again, I usually don't I suppose. Anyway, I had two nice evening hunts last week, an afternoon hunt on Sunday, and another nice hunt this evening. No show stoppers but I did get three Rosies, two small silver rings, and a crusty 1899 IH cent in addition to the usual clad and trinkets. I sure am glad the weather has cooled down a bit.

Happy hunting!

bob_e99
07-23-2013, 05:31 AM
:congrats: on the hunts. Nice variety of finds with silver rings, silver coins and a nice indian head penny.

|:cheering:

Sal66
07-23-2013, 06:19 AM
:wow: Looks like you've been busy. Like the IH unusual year and I bet your heart skipped a beat when you found the 1955 Penny. You never know when a coin is going to be an error. Since you seem to find a lot of Wheaties, keep your eye out for this error that I found. It's not a huge error, but still a cool find. It's a well known error for this year. Notice the R in Liberty. I found out about it when I noticed I also had Hub Breaks on my 1868 Shield Nickel which is also a common date for this Error. Now I'm sorry I cleaned it but I couldn't read the date at the time and didn't realize it was an error. I'll post my Nickel when I can find the Picture.

OxShoeDrew
07-23-2013, 06:51 AM
Some nice digs...yeah, the weather is either baking or wet. Tough summer.

Tony Two-Cent
07-23-2013, 07:41 AM
Those results are very respectable for this time of year. Five pieces of silver and an Indian Head is nothing to sneeze at! My finds always go way down during the hot, dry summer months.

:congrats:

aloldstuff
07-24-2013, 09:58 AM
Nice accumulation of silvers and rings....... :congrats:

Better weather is coming.........