PDA

View Full Version : July 20th & 21st finds from my favorite schoolyard

giant056
07-23-2013, 05:23 AM
Saturday and Sunday I didn't have any power here due to a storm that came through here Friday evening, it put a damper on my AC so I spent some quality time metal detecting in hopes that when I returned home the power would be back on, it didn't come back on until Sunday morning during about a three hour hunt but I did notice all the Consumers trucks heading away from my area heading to another spot cause the storm had snapped telephone poles right in half around the whole south side of town, I have no Idea what all the other sides of town got because I just haven't gotten around town since the storm hit because of all the traffic lights being out etc. Anyway I figured that by the end of my 3 hour hunt Sunday that my power would be back on and when I got home it was. I spent most of Sunday after the hunt fixing my X wife's computer so I'll be heading over there this afternoon along with her computer and my metal detector cause she lives in an old farm house on the other side of town plus I'm getting a free meal out of the deal along with what she owes me for parts. There is more good news, it looks like I figured out what my DSL connect was giving me so much havoc during the power outage and that was a dead branch that had fallen onto my phone line was the main culprit that caused me all the headaches. There's no telling how long that branch was there cause when I got it down it appears that my DSL problems have come to an end. For having that doggone power outage I still had a lot of fun metal detecting.

Wisconsin Lockman
07-23-2013, 09:59 AM
:congrats: Nice finds Larry.

Tony Two-Cent
07-23-2013, 10:03 AM
Terrific finds! |:cheering:

Tell us about that ring, is it gold?

I really like that silver Roosevelt dime that has been made into a dragon medallion too! :wow:

:congrats:

giant056
07-23-2013, 01:28 PM
Tony the ring says 925 SUN on it but I noticed the stones don't seem to hold any moisture when you
give it the hot air test, I really need to get me a good diamond tester one of these days. Whoever made
the ring was one heck of a silver smith.

AmxFred
07-23-2013, 01:32 PM
Nice finds! :congrats: I believe the dragon pendant is a cut out Roosevelt dime. :thinkingabout:

aloldstuff
07-24-2013, 09:54 AM
Excellent recoveries.....hope that they are real diamonds... :congrats:

Epi-hunter
07-24-2013, 02:38 PM
Great finds! I really love that dragon pendant :clapping:

leslie(nova scotia)
07-24-2013, 03:02 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....you da man. Good outing, fixing the x's puter and such. Busy lad to say the least and glad you got out and rescued th dinkies and dewies. Good luck on your next outing and look forward to the post sir! <;)

RaZR
07-24-2013, 06:16 PM
Sweet finds Larry! I love the ring and the dragon dime. And i'm glad your DSL is feeling better. lol

GL/HH