PDA

View Full Version : Raining Wheats...And A Bit Of Silver!

Bell-Two
07-23-2013, 07:30 AM
We did not let the rain stop us today, scattered showers and moments of clearing made for an interesting day. Our best finds were at a house built in the late 20's early 30's. We have hunted this a bit before with about a half dozen wheats our total before. Diane blew that number away easily, she had a wheat and some clad and I had two wheats and a marble when she hit a wheat coin spill. She was pulling wheat after wheat out of the same hole, I came over to help when she was having trouble pinpointing some of them...lots of junk in with them....the final total was 10 in one hole! I must have gotten some Karma for helping her for I took a couple steps to go back to where I had been detecting when I got a solid quarter signal and I could see silver in the bottom of the hole. The shiny was a dateless worn SLQ. Doug who came with us found two wheats. We then went to a old ballfield where there were few signals and Doug got two wheats that were 7+ inches deep! We moved on to do a curb strip we spied earlier and shortly after starting the rain started back with a vengance but Doug was able to nab a Silver Rosie.

Tony Two-Cent
07-23-2013, 07:34 AM
Nice finds, Tony! I always love to see those SLQs even if the date is worn off. They don't show themselves often.

I like the marble too, they are always a nice bonus. :yes:

:congrats:

aloldstuff
07-24-2013, 06:22 PM
:wow: 10 wheat's in one hole, fantastic. :congrats: on your karma reward.

coinnut
07-28-2013, 04:25 PM
Everyone did well :clapping: What are the buttons on the top? Or is it a cufflink??

Bell-Two
07-29-2013, 08:18 PM
Everyone did well :clapping: What are the buttons on the top? Or is it a cufflink??

Just a couple of metal buttons, I don't think too old in fact I have found a couple of them too in a different yard.