PDA

View Full Version : photos

dave in iowa
07-23-2013, 07:19 PM
Thanks to who ever deleted the other posts , i tried but couldnt

giant056
07-24-2013, 06:58 AM
One thing that really ticks me off is how on the Whites forum now if you post a thread you only have 30 minutes to edit or delete, then you have to ask a mod to do it for you, I really don't understand their reasoning behind that. Also now after a thread doesn't get any activity for a certain amount of time it will be locked and you can't post replies anymore >:#

coinnut
07-25-2013, 07:40 PM
The posts are not editable after a certain time limit on most forums because someone can come in and change them for the worse lol I 'm not sure if we have limits now, but may have to do that in the future. If we do, we don't mind editing things for people. The closing of threads for no reason is just dumb lol Some threads have been resurrected from 2 years back, and for some reason that bothers some forums :dontknow:

Epi-hunter
07-25-2013, 07:58 PM
The default is set that way (posts not editable after a certain time period) for the reason that George mentioned. The other option is to set it so that posts are only editable until someone replies to the thread after you... which can get really irritating on a busy thread when you might have all of thirty seconds to edit your post :-\ It depends on the software too.