PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Hunt

bob_e99
07-26-2013, 01:20 PM
I got out Thursday morning and was feeling good about the hunt until I saw Angel's post. I'll just post the pictures and go cry quietly in the corner.

Thiltzy
07-26-2013, 01:43 PM
Nothing to be ashamed of. Any silver coin find is a good find in my book. :congrats:

z118
07-26-2013, 02:30 PM
Yeah, Angel's posts can do that to ya sometimes. What's the 4th commandment again? Thou shall not covet thy neighbor's sweet detecting digs? Or something like that anyway. Your two Mercs are a great hunt for any of us mere mortals. And an S mintmark too! Congrats!

What's the pocket watch looking thing?

bob_e99
07-26-2013, 03:07 PM
Thank you for the replies.

The watch has a plastic cover on it which turned brown from being in the ground. Since it's plastic and can't be opened I have to assume that it is a cheap stopwatch.

Thanks again.

aloldstuff
07-26-2013, 06:15 PM
boo whoo whoo.....I know the feeling. Being in Angel's back yard Rob and I get to pick up the dregs. Your silver merc's would make anybody smile..... :congrats:

RaZR
07-26-2013, 08:52 PM
Nothing to be ashamed of. Any silver coin find is a good find in my book. :congrats:

I agree and that 57 wheat looks like it's in great shape. rofl
Congrats on the double silver day!

GL/HH

bob_e99
07-27-2013, 05:37 AM
boo whoo whoo.....I know the feeling. Being in Angel's back yard Rob and I get to pick up the dregs. Your silver merc's would make anybody smile..... :congrats:

You guys have my admiration for detecting anywhere near where Angel lives. :clapping: :clapping: And the quality of your finds indicates that you do give him some competition.

I agree and that 57 wheat looks like it's in great shape. rofl
Congrats on the double silver day!

GL/HH

Yes, that wheat looks like a recent drop for sure. There was no oxidation at all on it. Apparently there must still be some in circulation or maybe coming out of old penny collections :thinkingabout:

Thank you for taking the time to post.