PDA

View Full Version : 7-26 no rosie

RaZR
07-26-2013, 01:50 PM
But I did manage to find the silver ring that went with yesterdays rosie! While I was cleaning the dirt out of it over the sink I popped out one of the side stones. >:/
It's down the drain! Also a cheap aluminum ring. I also found out that the CTX3030 finds nickels like the e-trac does. But mine all hit as 12-12 and the e-trac seemed to hit 12-13.

GL/HH

bob_e99
07-26-2013, 03:17 PM
Nice looking ring. How good are you at plumbing? If your trap doesn't have a release opening on the bottom, it should be fairly simple to remove the trap. IMO it would be worth it to restore the ring.

I also find some minor differences with reading between the e-trac and the ctx but if I've learned nothing else, the numbers are only a guide. Coins will give a different reading based on physical condition, soil conditions and mineral content of the soil (and I'm leaning toward phase of the moon but haven't proved that one yet lol ). I've had clad quarters give a really nice 12-46 on the ctx.

Continued good hunting.

Epi-hunter
07-26-2013, 05:34 PM
Very nice ring!!! And I agree, I think it would be worth it to see if you can find that side stone and have it reset. :perfect10:

aloldstuff
07-26-2013, 06:16 PM
Great looking ring, hope you can recover the missing stone. :congrats:

RaZR
07-26-2013, 08:49 PM
I worked very hard to put in a new sink and supply lines and drain pipes in the kitchen that don't leak! I used to have to put a small plastic container under the trap to catch the drips. I'm not messing with it just for that stone for a silver ring. If it was a diamond.....maybe! I'm not a very good plumber and I don't want to ruin my best accomplishment in that area. :shocked04:verreaction:

GL/HH

giant056
07-27-2013, 06:36 AM
Very nice score on the silver ring thumbsup01