PDA

View Full Version : Last 2 Hunts.*Copper & a old 9 coin pocket spill

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-27-2013, 09:05 PM
last sun got out with todd.we hiked up a darn mountain.2 small foundations up there and they were hit pretty hard.got 2 Ih's and some doo dads.
today todd hadda work so i went solo back to 2 sites that i been to before.near the cellar hole it's kinda trashy and this log was rotted on the ground.swung up close to it.not a bad reading thinkin junk,i dug down.wheatie cool! stick my probe back in....1916 barber qtr! :shocked03: stood up swung,bam more! a few more wheaties,a 1912 V-nickel,a 1918 buffalo and a no date S mint mark standing liberty qtr. 9 coins all in the same hole.newest wheat was 1930 rest teens. todd had just joined me after work when i hit this spill,we walked up to other site and one signal i was kickin leaves aside,i see swarming down by my ankles :shocked03: yellow jackets i took off running like a mental case :happy: :bananadance: i didnt get stung! last target of the day was 1 inch deep near a rock wall.a no date matron head LC

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-27-2013, 09:08 PM
few more pics.shot colonial dandy top photo star in center

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-27-2013, 09:10 PM
george this is the 1st site before we up the mtn when you came down here.the pocket spill was near cellar hole.not the site where i got my capped bust half dime and coppers

coinnut
07-27-2013, 09:18 PM
george this is the 1st site before we up the mtn when you came down here.the pocket spill was near cellar hole.not the site where i got my capped bust half dime and coppers

Oh yeah, that spill was right where I left it lol Nice haul Dave. 2 silver quarters in a pocket spill is sweet :smitten: Looked like a good hunt, especially the part about evading the yellow jackets lol

Tony Two-Cent
07-27-2013, 09:46 PM
Awesome coin spill, Dave! :wow:

Great variety of coins in that spill, including a Barber Quarter and SLQ! :loveit:

Very interesting relic with the little dogs (?) on it too! :yes:

:congrats:

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-27-2013, 10:27 PM
Awesome coin spill, Dave! :wow:

Great variety of coins in that spill, including a Barber Quarter and SLQ! :loveit:

Very interesting relic with the little dogs (?) on it too! :yes:

:congrats:

thanks tony.i have no clue what the dogs under umbrella was from? its stamped brass with small holes around edge.affixed to something i would assume

aloldstuff
07-28-2013, 06:13 AM
Fantastic coin spill. Two silver quarters, buff, V, and early wheats |:cheering:. Glad to see that you also managed a LC. That stamped brass item with the dogs is really cool. Consider yourself very lucky that you noticed the yellowjackets when you did....feet don't fail me now.

foundation hunter
07-28-2013, 08:50 AM
I know where that place is,nice finds
Gary

Lodge Scent
07-28-2013, 09:10 AM
Nice view from the top. Congrats on the spill !

milco
07-28-2013, 11:58 AM
Sweet spill Dave!! :congrats: Looks like some nice country and a great place to be out in!

z118
07-29-2013, 07:34 AM
Oh man that is a sweet spill for sure! Congrats on some great digs. Your pics are fantastic as always...

RobW
07-29-2013, 07:37 AM
:shocked04:.Now that's a coin spill :shocked04:..awesome :clapping:

Looks like a great time.....I don't know about hiking UP that mountain...I think I would have died about half way up :stretcher: