PDA

View Full Version : Rings, Relics, Silver

z118
07-28-2013, 08:26 PM
I didn't get in any hunting at all on Saturday but short hunts on Friday evening and Sunday morning and afternoon proved to be very productive. All told I wound up with 12 wheats, 6 (well, 5 and 2/3 at least) silver coins, 2 silver rings, a silver St Christopher medal, and some nice relics. For what it's worth all the silver coins, the medal, and one of the rings came from two sites I have hunted over 50 different times between them. I would have suspected both to be pretty well hunted out before this weekend. I sure do like proving myself wrong!

The clock key is my first. The corn cob finial is cool, although I can't imagine what it went to. I suspect the oil token is from the 50's. And the larger silver ring I would guess was a signet ring; it is worn and broken and has eagles on either side.

Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

Tony Two-Cent
07-28-2013, 09:03 PM
Wonderful finds, Matt! |:cheering:

You certainly proved that those two sites aren't hunted out! In fact, I'd bet there are still some goodies left to be found. :yes:

Sometimes the non-coin finds are the most interesting. For some reason I really like the large silver ring. The way it's worn makes it look old, like it has a story to tell. I like the clock key and the finial too!

:congrats:

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-28-2013, 09:15 PM
wow! a little bit of everything! |:cheering:

swamp yankee
07-28-2013, 09:23 PM
I didn't get in any hunting at all on Saturday but short hunts on Friday evening and Sunday morning and afternoon proved to be very productive. All told I wound up with 12 wheats, 6 (well, 5 and 2/3 at least) silver coins, 2 silver rings, a silver St Christopher medal, and some nice relics. For what it's worth all the silver coins, the medal, and one of the rings came from two sites I have hunted over 50 different times between them. I would have suspected both to be pretty well hunted out before this weekend. I sure do like proving myself wrong!

The clock key is my first. The corn cob finial is cool, although I can't imagine what it went to. I suspect the oil token is from the 50's. And the larger silver ring I would guess was a signet ring; it is worn and broken and has eagles on either side.

Thanks for looking and happy hunting!
Congrats on another productive hunt on a cleaned out site. All it takes is a different angle on your path while sweeping to find a whole new bunch of stuff! HH.......

PL8MAN
07-28-2013, 10:38 PM
Great bunch of finds ! You found a little of everything thumbsup01
Glen

bob_e99
07-29-2013, 12:21 PM
|:cheering: |:cheering: |:cheering:

Judging from your finds you must have released your pent up stress from not hunting on Saturday. lol

I am really surprised that you didn't try to find the missing piece of the dime. It's just not like you to leave it in the ground. Remember how you found Jesus? :hysterical:

:congrats: on the silver and the other neat stuff but after this, just don't expect me to wish you luck again before you go hunting.

Johan K
07-29-2013, 01:38 PM
:wow: Great amount of coins !! Like the rings !! What detector do you use ? :detecting:

aloldstuff
07-29-2013, 05:57 PM
Pounded out, yeah right. Great finds and :congrats: on your 1st watch key. Like the Kendall oil token also.

Nice pile of silver and wheats.

coinnut
07-29-2013, 08:24 PM
Great finds make for a fun day! Looks like it was lots of fun :clapping: Good amount of silver and I love the rings :smitten:

Ill Digger
07-29-2013, 10:45 PM
:shocked04: Daaaaang dude! :omg:
Hunted out? ::huh:: Uhh ... It might be now. :poke: lol
Sweet couple of hunts Z!! |:cheering:
Congrats! :grin:

angellionel
07-30-2013, 03:33 PM
Very sweet haul of goodies Z! That cut mercury dime counts as a full coin to me. |:cheering: The silver rings too are neat finds. Great photos by the way!

del
07-31-2013, 02:59 AM
congrats on the silver and rings Z :clapping: :clapping: