PDA

View Full Version : Bringing in the Harvest (new pic added)

RobW
07-29-2013, 04:08 PM
Have I mentioned how much I love THE PARK.....didn't have time to find a new place to detect....I like having a good place in my back pocket to hit when all else fails....

So Sunday I went back to THE PARK. I initially focused in the area I hit the quarter last weekend, and was gridding the area....wheat, wheat, wheat....I thought to myself..there has to be some silver lurking here with all of these wheats :dontknow:....finally...BAM!...that sweet sound...pull the plug and there she is :loveit: sticking out of the plug :happydance01:...gridded the area some more...and only more wheats. I hit the larger area.....more wheats, then my battery dies..back to the car, coming back across the large area..which AL and I have both been over with a fine tooth comb on MANY occasions....12/44....another merc happydance02....moved to the shade where I found the 3 dimes last week, almost immediately got a nickel signal...out came a really nice 1911 V Nic :happy:...grided the area.. nothing more...moved to another small area we have hit hard...managed a few more wheats and a Buff.

***** added a pic of the plug******* Love those pics :smitten:...but love the sight much more :loveit:

All told, 2 mercs, 1 V, 1 Buff 17 wheats (the Harvest {some wheats were not in the pics..as they were hiding in my pocket}), a girl scout pin, a silver ring that was gold plated, another copper ring, and a musket ball, and 2 older buttons, I think one may be silver :dontknow:

aloldstuff
07-29-2013, 06:03 PM
It sure is nice to have a site in the back pocket. Very nice hunting and once again the PARK gives up the goodies.

Can't wait for Thursday night............seeded:huh:thinkingabout:?

angellionel
07-29-2013, 06:21 PM
Very nice hits all around, Rob. :clapping: I would be dancing too. lol

OxShoeDrew
07-29-2013, 08:42 PM
Harvest lol Nicely done thumbsup01

coinnut
07-29-2013, 08:48 PM
I'm starting to think that PARK is a coin shop lol Nice digs as always from that spot Rob thumbsup01

Tony Two-Cent
07-30-2013, 10:06 AM
What a fantastic hunt! Seventeen wheats, V Nickel, Buffalo, and two silver coins! |:cheering:

:perfect10:

RobW
07-30-2013, 03:18 PM
Harvest lol

I thought long and hard about the title :thinkingabout:......... lol

del
07-31-2013, 03:02 AM
Rob the coin-harvester :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout:

while i'm thinking about that one .....

congrats on the coins :peace:

bob_e99
07-31-2013, 05:25 AM
I thought long and hard about the title :thinkingabout:......... lol

Have you considered: Wheaties ... target of champions? :hysterical:

:congrats: on the silver! ( I :smitten: mercs ).

del
07-31-2013, 05:46 AM
Have you considered: Wheaties ... target of champions? :hysterical:

<} lol